Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a great Experience hunting today and here is how it happend....

The Buck Experience

Well.... I was out side getting ready for the weekend gun hunting for the little ones, I went to the corner of the woods and saw 4 does out in the fields about 110 yards away. I was with my dad so he decided that I shouldn't try shooting now. He thought I should get closer. Well then the does started heading right, so I wanted to go on the right trail but my dad wanted to go straight. But I won the argument and we went right. We were crouched down running through there. So we saw a trail at the corner of some woods about 200-250 yards from where we were. So, we went through it and started glancing around looking for the 4 deer and we didn’t see them. So then we saw a huge 10 point buck and a huge 8 point buck about 25-30 yards away. I told my dad "I can’t hold up the gun it’s to heavy" because it is a 12 gauge with a 10-gauge barrel so it was a heavy gun. Well he went on all fours and made me rest the gun on his back to shoot them. But we were still tired from running to the trail, so my dad was breathing so hard he started to make me move. I could feel his excitement. I felt like I had nothing but arms, eyes, and a heart going 500 mph fast. It was getting dark so looking through the scope was getting harder, and harder. And him breathing was getting harder to steady the gun to. So he decided to go and get a stick to hold the gun up. And when he was half way coming back the 4 deer started running across the field. So the bucks ran away and we were so mad it was unbelievable. My dad said “Its a very hard thing to stalk up to bucks so close, it’s like a one chance in a lifetime.” Well that is my story and hopefully we will see the deer tomorrow night.

September, 27th 2003

James Dean...

·
Registered
6,500 Posts
Welcome Lil-Hunter great story. Glad to see you didn't try to take a bad shot just to get a big buck. Thats somthing to be very proud of. Don't worry with the good hunting ethices you have I'm sure you will get that big buck someday.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Good Story! I echo the the sentiments of the above....kudos for not losing your head and taking a "hail mary" type shot. Sounds like you've been in the woods a time ar two already!

There'll be plenty of time this season to get the right shot.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx for your encouragement, we went outside today and saw a 8 point the 10 point and about 3 does today. We didnt have enought time to go hunting. But opening we are going hunting all day. :)

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Lil-Hunter,

That was a great read. Now I have deer running through my head :D Thanks, lol. I ditto to what the other's have mentioned. Good luck, and don't let dad take the big boy ;) :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts