1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
9,650 Posts
In the neighborhood my daughter lives in which is close to a river there are several ash trees planted in yards that survived when hundreds of others died just a few hundred yards away .I had her all prepared to lose her tree after i seen the decimation down the road but the tree looks as healthy as can be .Its been about 5 years now .There are millions of seedling trees still out there all over the state perhaps some insect will decide ash borers are good to eat and save them also .Every one of my adult trees have died i'm talking hundreds ...great firewood though.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Seems the smaller trees under 3" in diameter or so were not infested and are doing well around my area. My property is littered with dead ash but I think there's more seedlings growing at about 1'-6' now then what died. Many that died have also come back up from the stump. It seems once the ash borer come through it moved on just as fast, question is, will they be back or do they die out? I have not seen one in years.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I have thousands of dead ash on our 200 acres. We are doing our best to cut for firewood but most of it is inaccessible (wet ground). I wish it would come back from the stump but it eventually just falls over and makes a tangled mess. Even Jake Ehlinger said "ok, I've seen enough, let's get out of here" when we tried navigating the mess!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts