Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
once again, the mysterious and evil 30 minute rule has foiled my salmon fishing attempts. the 30 minute rule states that if i travel beyond 30 mins-give or take 10-to go fishing i am not allowed to land any salmon or steelhead.this makes 5 trips in the last 3 years that i have gone for a grand total of 0 for 1.4 of these trips have been to the PM, where i am 0fer0 and 1 to the little man, where i am 0 for 1. the rule came back into effect friday night when i made the 1hr 45min drive to the pm, never even bumped a fish... did it again today-was 1 for 3 on suckers:confused: i dont know how to break the "barrier" but i do know that i cant afford the gas to take "scenic tours" of our northern rivers every week. i guess for now im limited to the rogue, grand, and if the rule is leniant, the muskegon...

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Don't feel too bad. I was at the PM on Thurs. and had the same results. BUT, I did see a lot of fish, not too many fishermen, and some beautiful scenery. I also made about $2 in cans while doing my duty to clean up after the slobs!:D :( No matter what, it's always worth the drive from GR!
Keep at it!!!....Sid

1 - 2 of 2 Posts