Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, where is Big T anyway?

Saturday is looking like it might be a good opportunity for all of you cold front weather watchers...as we transition from rain with a nice drop in daytime highs.

Looking at the hourly forecast out of Lansing, it appears as though the rain will stop between 3:00 and 4:00 AM yielding more than enough time to get settled in your stand before daybreak.

Good Luck and stay safe!
(from Weather Underground)
upload_2019-10-10_4-41-45.png

·
Registered
12,694 Posts
I really want to hunt that cold front Saturday am. Just trying to decide if an AM hunt is worth the risk this early in October? Decisions,...decisions
I was thinking same last WK about bumping them on way in. Wasn't disappointed, seen deer from daylight to 9-9:30 in the a.m. To bad all weren't in my shooting "hole" but a little dink and a mom not much bigger ! If it's not a north wind (which sure it is) I'll be out

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
I’ll be out Saturday morning dark and early!! Private property in Monroe County.
I have 2 ladder stands up that allows me to hunt any North wind- 1 stand for NE and 1 for NW (set at opposite sides of the property).
If the wind switches out of the South, I have several trees that I can set up in with my climber.
Will be nice to hit the first morning of a cold front.
Good luck to all that make it out.

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
I really want to hunt that cold front Saturday am. Just trying to decide if an AM hunt is worth the risk this early in October? Decisions,...decisions
I've consulted with my consultants and concluded that, no... it's not worth it to start morning hunts yet.

·
Registered
9,308 Posts
Seen 4 shooters last wknd on morning sits. By contrary belief, big bucks move in the morning in early October. Gotta find a way to get to your stands or your missing out.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Administrator
17,416 Posts
If we could get a north wind, I just might give one more try to finding that creek bottom that enters a bedding area on the edge of a swamp.
Tried last week and got turned around for a 1/2 hour. :banghead3
<----<<<

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Access is the key concern. I have decided to sit out the am hunt but will hunt the afternoon. Risk vs reward better deer movement is only a week or 2 from now. Then it's Morning and afternoon hunts.
Good luck to all who venture out hope you all prove me wrong

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
Access is the key concern. I have decided to sit out the am hunt but will hunt the afternoon. Risk vs reward better deer movement is only a week or 2 from now. Then it's Morning and afternoon hunts.
Good luck to all who venture out hope you all prove me wrong
I'm with you. My latest card pull showed my top two targets regularly on their feet the last three hours of predawn. Classic pattern this time of year for my little property.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
At the end of the day, its just like realestate…..location, location, location. My buddy and his boy hunted Alcona County/Glennie this morning and didn't see anything. They sat in an area that we usually see deer in but notta. Cams show some does as recently as yesterday afternoon. Havent heard anything from them for this evening so im assuming not seeing much.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts