Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I guess it is a relief now "it's over". The birds we had been hunting had found a field that was Hunter non grada anyway's. We went out with a murmur. We shot one goose, sneakin, and missed another that we jumped at the same time. We set up on the roost [water] for the last day. The geese never went to the field till 5 in the afternoon and my crew had decided to call it at 5. When they leave [the geese] the water that late,,, they can come back with a few minutes left in shooting time or well after it's over. Anyway, one of the better late seasons. Till next year:)

·
Premium Member
5,662 Posts
Nothing, nada, zip, zilch,... didn't see a bird, much less a goose all day (save for a few blue jays and an occasional crow).

the only real excitement was trying/wanting to beat some snowmobilers arse! I guess private property signs/no trespassing doesn't apply to them. actually I also wanted him off because the way he was flyin' around, I was just waiting for him to get clipped by one of the fences. He seemed to know right where they were, so obvioulsy a repeat offender.

I'm waiting for one to fly through my field and introduce themselved to my 24' pit blind! they wouldn't do that twice... if they were able to walk away.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
I haven't seen geese since last Tuesday except downtown in the parks. But today there are no hunters. I saw: a flock flying by on my way home for lunch; another flock in a corn field; and finally another flock on my way back to work! Just coincidence, I know, probably just a perfect day to be a goose in the fields. Nice temp, overcast etc. It seems like they know!

·
Premium Member
5,662 Posts
wish I was hunting today.

34 degrees
low ceiling
misty...

advantage me, vs. bitter cold and sunny - advantage, GOOSE!!!

There's still Ontario, right? I think that's end of February. (never did it, but some guys were talking about giving it a try.) Anyone recommend an area/service?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Had a few geese buzz my house about a half hour ago......They were flyin' low and loud. Gave me GEESE bumps!:eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts