Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

THANKYOU SAGINAW

7900 140
YOU DID IT AGAIN YOU FED THE FISH IN THE RIVER 4 MILLION GALLONS OF SEWAGE
Reactions: Bret Miller
1 - 20 of 141 Posts
Maybe they are trying to out do the shiawassee boys lmao
Better catch them while you can! Sad...:mad:
Nothing new, they do it almost every time we get a heavy down pour in the spring/summer. First time I have heard it done in the winter though
YOU DID IT AGAIN YOU FED THE FISH IN THE RIVER 4 MILLION GALLONS OF SEWAGE
Maybe first time this winter, happens whenever we get heavy rains and of course it is "partially treated sewage" ... must mean cherry topped turds with a perfume accent lol
Reactions: FISHDOCTOR
magic man - What would you propose they do instead???????
I mean, it is 2018 after all. We’ve put a man on the moon and have self driving cars. Getting rid of our own poo should be a breeze.
magic man - What would you propose they do instead???????
I agree. Skipped past this and are on to bigger and better things. You know like trying to control an "ever changing," global climate.

"Ain't no one got time for this..****"... literally peanuts by comparison. "Poo," is man made too. LOL!
I mean, it is 2018 after all. We’ve put a man on the moon and have self driving cars. Getting rid of our own poo should be a breeze.
That’s what happens when there’s no place for it go when the ground is frozen [emoji6]
I agree rain water can't be absorbed when the ground is frozen!! Raw sewage is a whole different animal. I'm quite certain that the Governor will hit on this subject as well as all the other great things he and his administration have done for the great state of Michigan over the last seven years!!!
Reactions: Richard Cranium
So so sad. The only way to fix the problem is to have the financial backing to up grade the system. The reason it will never get fixed because there is no money to do the job. If it was in Bloomfield hills u know there would be no issues.
This^^^^^^^^^ nothing to do with the frozen ground. Treatment plant capacity needs to be expanded or sewers separated. And you know what? It takes a lot of money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
So so sad. The only way to fix the problem is to have the financial backing to up grade the system. The reason it will never get fixed because there is no money to do the job. If it was in Bloomfield hills u know there would be no issues.
Yes I agree it takes a lot of money and that's why it will never get fixed. I would think at this point our useless E.PA. would step in and pull some federal funds to help improve the situation. It makes me sick to my stomach to see what is happening to our water ways.
This^^^^^^^^^ nothing to do with the frozen ground. Treatment plant capacity needs to be expanded or sewers separated. And you know what? It takes a lot of money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The other option would be to just let it backup into your house or we just migrate back to septic tanks and septic fields.

Either way, the river is much cleaner now than it ever has been in my lifetime...
Reactions: Howard Baumann
no wonder mercury level in Saginaw bay is so bad. Fishermen eat contaminated fish and sewage thrown back into the bay. not good.:D
Reactions: Huntfishcamp
What would help is ungodly fines imposed to the companies and cities when they over flow. Right now, it's so much cheaper to just pay the fines, since it doesn't happen too often. Would cost them probably 50 years of fines to equal the cost of completely updating a facility that is overflow proof.
Reactions: Bay BornNRaised
I believe the Mercury is from the air pollution and rain bringing it into the water? Maybe not only source. All the inland lakes in Michigan have Mercury in them also. Bad thing is, Mercury builds up over time, and never leaves your body. I'll take the dioxins, alteast you can get rid of that by limiting your intake...lol
no wonder mercury level in Saginaw bay is so bad. Fishermen eat contaminated fish and sewage thrown back into the bay. not good.:D
i see more food in the way of micro's, witch feeds small life, witch feeds fish, besides that don't we have zebra mussels to take care of that spillage problem
You cant say Saginaw doesn't give a &@it!
Paddled that stink hole 2 years ago in the summer and the whole smelled like sewage. You can have all of those fish in that river. I'll take mine from up north.
1 - 20 of 141 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.