Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Thanksgiving weekend after pheasants

477 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Unregistered4 
#1 ·
My Dad, brothers, BIL, and nephews had a nice walk much of the day Saturday, out at Farmland Pheasants. We had great weather; the morning was a little crisp, and there was a good dusting of snow on the ground so you could see where the pheasants had been running when we pushed them. It warmed up as the day went on, and by mid-afternoon we hunted in shirtsleeves. We had a great time, and it was especially nice to have three generations enjoying the day together.
We stayed in the field most of the day, and took our lunch of coffee and sandwiches at the back of our trucks. We laughed and joked all day and taunted about who was more of a dead-eye, and we even shot a few birds. Here is our crew on a lunch break:

We had seven guns, including my 13 year old nephew, and we took 28 birds.

We have been doing this as a family outing at least a couple times a year, and the relaxing fun we have together justifies paying for a preserve hunt once in a while as opposed to hunting "wild only."
Just wanted to share the nice time we had. I think we will do the same thing next Thanksgiving.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.