Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Turkeys are such a good deal at this time of year, we tend to cook up quite a few since our crew can consume a good amount of food! I love to cook extra and use up leftovers to help create a few easy meals.

Here is what I made with leftovers a couple of nights ago. Basically, make a turkey pot pie. Our's consisted of turkey, onions, green beans, squash, peas, potatoes, and gravy. Pot pies are great to use up left over vegetables or to use up the last of a bag of frozen ones.

Instead of topping it with pie crust, I used stuffing to top it and served it with cranberry sauce. The kids loved it and raved about it. I didn't mention to them that it was last night's dinner thrown in a pie crust , lol!;)

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
I love leftover turkey pot pies. Turkey stew is another good one. Make a stock from the bones and pan drippings, and add leftover meat with whatever vegetables you have. Maybe throw in some noodles

I bought two yesterday, and yes they are cheap right now.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got one in the oven right now(I'm referring to a turkey, lol!). The leftovers will be used for turkey stew, thanks Ypsi.

Ypsi or anyone else, have you ever frozen broth to use in the future? I'd love to try this since many recipes I use call for broth and wondered how it worked out.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Another idea is to not put potatoes in the pot pie mixture but more gravey and then cover the pie with garlic (or some other flavor) mashed potatoes and cook it under the the broiler until the mashed potatoes have a slight brown crust.

mmmm gravey

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
Yeah I freeze broth at least once a month. Never had any problems.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's that time of the year again! ;)

·
Super Moderator
37,512 Posts
Yummmm left over turkey and dressing simmered in a pan with leftover gravy, served on leftover homemade bread topped with leftover cranberry dresssing......Wonder why we never have any leftovers on Friday.;)

·
Premium Member
5,543 Posts
Mom would make a Turkey Stir fry if there was meat left over after a few days...

·
Super Moderator
10,562 Posts
Turkey enchiladas is one of my favorite leftover recipes.:corkysm55

The huge turkey sandwich the next day ain't bad either.;)

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Another year gone by. Add your recipes. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts