Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a very nice thanksgiving eve....haveing found the time to sneak away for the extended weekend and hunt some private land for yotes. This one came into sight after a twenty second (low pitched) rabbit cry from a mouth call. She had two juveis in tow (around 50 yards back) but she was the matriarch and she was the first one in. She stopped to locate her prey around 60 yrds out and thats is where she went down.

Was using my inexpensive Rossi .243 single shot. The advantages to using a single shot are few...but after the report the yotes following had no clue where the sound came from and actually continued in until they decided to scadattle. :D

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Nice job on the yote!

I use my sijngle shot 223 most of the time. It cost me a double once but I still take it with me.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To be honest with you...I have been hunting varmits with this gun for ten years or better, and I really havnt felt the need to go semi. I lent out my 22-250 semi and havnt missed it. Thats not to say I wont be keeping a watchfull eye on another weapon. lol:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts