Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thanksgiving week 2019.PNG

Whoooooa Nellie! :cool::cool::cool:
Here it comes! If you have a preferred food source for this time of year Thursday will be the day to sit it, or travel to and from.
Tuesday's forecast low is actually the morning low for Wednesday and Wednesday's is for Thursday morning, notice the 13 degree difference (drop in Morning low temps). The predicted high from Wednesday to Thursday is also a drop of 15 degrees.
Those lows, on the heels of heavy precipitation, high winds all day on Wednesday (nearly 25 mph), 180 degree shift in wind direction from SW to NW, and a spiking baro. all add up to a prime cold front scenario.
Assuming that Monday through Wednesday will be light hunting pressure days, especially with the weather leading up to Thursday, this could be some of the hottest hunting action of the 2019 firearm season.
I'll be in a tree in the early morning then grabbing my huntin buddy, Tater, and moving to the river bottom by 9:00 for a couple hours in hopes that the neighbors have earlier dinner plans than us.

GOBBLE GOBBLE!!!!

·
Premium Member
30,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you gives a good excuse miss Thanksgiving dinner

If Tater and I are in the game I may order dinner to the blind. It's a long 80 yard walk from the door to the shootin shack. ;)

·
Registered
35,212 Posts
Wednesday’s forecast is 8”-12” of snow with gusts to 40mph. That’s sounds better than the 47* and sunny we have today.

I’ll be doing an all day hunt Wednesday. They will be putting the feed bag on at its approach and into the storm. This may accelerate the migration.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
View attachment 461383

Whoooooa Nellie! :cool::cool::cool:
Here it comes! If you have a preferred food source for this time of year Thursday will be the day to sit it, or travel to and from.
Tuesday's forecast low is actually the morning low for Wednesday and Wednesday's is for Thursday morning, notice the 13 degree difference (drop in Morning low temps). The predicted high from Wednesday to Thursday is also a drop of 15 degrees.
Those lows, on the heels of heavy precipitation, high winds all day on Wednesday (nearly 25 mph), 180 degree shift in wind direction from SW to NW, and a spiking baro. all add up to a prime cold front scenario.
Assuming that Monday through Wednesday will be light hunting pressure days, especially with the weather leading up to Thursday, this could be some of the hottest hunting action of the 2019 firearm season.
I'll be in a tree in the early morning then grabbing my huntin buddy, Tater, and moving to the river bottom by 9:00 for a couple hours in hopes that the neighbors have earlier dinner plans than us.

GOBBLE GOBBLE!!!!
The deer were chowing on acorns this morning between 7:30 and 8:45 my bud and I had eleven does and two bucks totally calm in the wet foggy woods this morning. Still waiting for Mr. Big

·
Premium Member
30,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wednesday’s forecast is 8”-12” of snow with gusts to 40mph. That’s sounds better than the 47* and sunny we have today.

I’ll be doing an all day hunt Wednesday. They will be putting the feed bag on at its approach and into the storm. This may accelerate the migration.

Your LFTS post today prompted this thread. Thanks Mike, and good luck!

Reactions: Luv2hunteup

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I'm hoping for the forecast of snow on Wednesday but it's starting to look more and more like rain instead. Regardless, the wind on Thursday will be ideal. I've got Sunday off and a date with a swamp. Nothing like going solo in a snowstorm :)

Reactions: Gone Coastal

·
Administrator
17,416 Posts
I may a have HUGE SLP greenfield to hunt over on Friday.
Hope its good!
<----<<<

·
Registered
35,212 Posts
Winter storm watch has already been posted for Chippewa county.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
I like the forecast for Wed afternoon myself. Not sitting in a tree or the ground, will be on the move. Deer HATE high wind............ because their ears become worthless, their nose can't pinpoint scent, and best of all, the whole woods is moving!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Only thing better would be snow with the blow. Not for everyone as dead trees falling, branches breaking, can make anyone nervous, and rightfully so, but getting close to bucks second week of gun season is, well, need to take advantage of it.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
I will be out Wednesday - Sunday, should be good!!

Reactions: QDMAMAN and Botiz

·
Premium Member
30,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Why do I have trouble trying to get this math to work out? Seems a bit off when I run the numbers!

Should be a good day. Good luck to the ones that get to spend the full day out there instead of just part of it.

Oops! From SE to NW. Ya got me! :D

Reactions: smith34
1 - 20 of 27 Posts