Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to Randy and Jeff for inviting me on a chukkar hunt this weekend. Had an excellent time. Great company, great guys, and oh yea, great food, Randy! Here are some photos.

4 well-mannered dogs doing their thing:




6 well-mannered dogs doing their thing:




The dogs worked very well together:








Setter backed by 2 shorthairs:




2 well trained Vizslas keyed in on the bird:




Setter on point:




I'm sure Randy and Jeff will have some to add.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,117 Posts
WoW

I dont think i would ever hunt 6 dogs at once 3 is pushing it but hey some guys are braver then I

kek25 your setter is very pretty I think when you come down to train this week end maybe you can run a mock trial so you can get the bug

scott
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the comment on the setter, Scott.

We actually had 7 dogs hunting together on a ton of birds and a couple hundred acres. All the dogs were very well trained/well mannered. No problems at all. That is a tribute to their owners/trainers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,465 Posts
What's that white stuff on the ground? It looks kind of familiar but I don't remember what it is exactly:). Looks like you guys had a blast....hunting, good food.........what, no trip to Micelli's:lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Never made it to Micelli's Friday night, but heard there may have been a visit in the plans after I left for Grayling. As usual, my timing is impecable.:rant:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,139 Posts
We actually had 7 dogs on the ground. 1 ES, 2 GSP, 1 Weim and 3 V's. They worked very well together and we had some great backing and honoring going on. If you've got steady dogs, it gets really interesting and fast paced. I'll get around to posting some pics when I'm done cleaning out my truck.

Don't worry Keith, we never made it to Maceli's.

timbergsp said:
WoW

I dont think i would ever hunt 6 dogs at once 3 is pushing it but hey some guys are braver then I

scott
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,117 Posts
Vizsla Hunt Dog said:
We actually had 7 dogs on the ground. 1 ES, 2 GSP, 1 Weim and 3 V's. They worked very well together and we had some great backing and honoring going on. If you've got steady dogs, it gets really interesting and fast paced. I'll get around to posting some pics when I'm done cleaning out my truck.

Don't worry Keith, we never made it to Maceli's.

just seems like be a good way to loose track of a dog and get one killed

scott
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,478 Posts
timbergsp said:
just seems like be a good way to loose track of a dog and get one killed

scott
From what, a cougar? (I think those dogs might have taken the cougar:lol: )

and don't worry, we didn't drink until after hunting.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,117 Posts
omega58 said:
From what, a cougar? (I think those dogs might have taken the cougar:lol: )

and don't worry, we didn't drink until after hunting.
with 7 dogs it be very very very easy to loose track of one Hit in the road might be a easy way for a dog to pass on because he just plan got lost

I am not saying one way or another but its very possible in this case to loose a dog I would not take the chance but hey what do I know

scott
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,837 Posts
timbergsp said:
with 7 dogs it be very very very easy to loose track of one Hit in the road might be a easy way for a dog to pass on because he just plan got lost

I am not saying one way or another but its very possible in this case to loose a dog I would not take the chance but hey what do I know

scott
obviously not these 7 dogs



Either way, it looks like a great time! Keep me posted on next month if there is a meeting, we can make it 9!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,117 Posts
FieldWalker said:
obviously not these 7 dogs



Either way, it looks like a great time! Keep me posted on next month if there is a meeting, we can make it 9!

yup not those 7

but hey I will just sit back and learn from the PROs here

I always forget I just need to do so here and there

Tell me how the 9 works out PLEASE:bash:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,139 Posts
I understand what you are saying, but when you have dogs that stay in the county your hunting, it's not really a problem. Oh and BTW, most of our dogs are boot lickers and can be found just by turning around. As you can see in the pictures, the dogs didn't respect each other or get along too well.

I forgot, great pics Keith. You think you can e-mail me some of those?

timbergsp said:
with 7 dogs it be very very very easy to loose track of one Hit in the road might be a easy way for a dog to pass on because he just plan got lost

I am not saying one way or another but its very possible in this case to loose a dog I would not take the chance but hey what do I know

scott
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,931 Posts
Great pics guys!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,262 Posts
Man It's cool to see all those dogs backing like that. Great pics guys!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,478 Posts
Anyway, great pics Keith, it was a blast.

Here are some other pics from Saturday and Sunday.

Sky from the side all alone (this is after I dropped my camera and had to track myself backwards for 500 yards:bash: )



Same bird, from the front


The five you can make out are backing Jake near the front of the pic, he blends in well in the snow.


Near the corn


Jake really didn't care if Sky just got fixed, he wanted to try to make Weimsetters.:lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,478 Posts
And some pics from Sunday

This bird worked very well for us, allowing me plenty of pics from different angles, thanks little fella.


A closer view


And closer for Jeff


My buddy's new GSP, former owner couldn't hunt him enough anymore


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,139 Posts
Great pics Randy. I think you've got the head shot figured out. Thanks for letting me join you this weekend, we had a great time. The boys still have not gotten up from the bed yet.

Can you e-mail me a few of the head on pics? The close up of Grady turned out good.

We'll have to watch out for cougars next time!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,325 Posts
Holy cow! Great pics everyone. Looks like a great time.
 
1 - 20 of 66 Posts
Top