Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headed out Thomas rd at 6:30 am sat and the ride out and fishing was good then it started to snow and all hell broke loose. Headed in at 10:15 took an hour to go .2 miles and then the gps died, everything came to a holt. Ran out of gas put on reserve and then a group of five fisherman came by us and helped us. Headed in slowly and ran out of gas again put gas from three augers and started to head in again to go six miles it took almost three hours. If anyone knows or were any of these people that took time out to make sure a fellow fisherman was safe means the world to me. Cant say thank you enough. Shook hands but no names so if this gets to any of you THANKS ALOT. Would like to take you out for lunch or a dinner the least I could do. Remember no matter how prepared you are and think you have all your bases covered it will happen to you and please take the time out to help and help will come back 10 fold. Brian and John

·
Registered
964 Posts
Headed out Thomas rd at 6:30 am sat and the ride out and fishing was good then it started to snow and all hell broke loose. Headed in at 10:15 took an hour to go .2 miles and then the gps died, everything came to a holt. Ran out of gas put on reserve and then a group of five fisherman came by us and helped us. Headed in slowly and ran out of gas again put gas from three augers and started to head in again to go six miles it took almost three hours. If anyone knows or were any of these people that took time out to make sure a fellow fisherman was safe means the world to me. Cant say thank you enough. Shook hands but no names so if this gets to any of you THANKS ALOT. Would like to take you out for lunch or a dinner the least I could do. Remember no matter how prepared you are and think you have all your bases covered it will happen to you and please take the time out to help and help will come back 10 fold. Brian and John
Ur not kidding it was bad out there my gps froze also had to keep putting it in my jackets to warm it up. The trail was gone an couldn't see 1oo yards at times gonna get the 12v plug hooked up on my sled that is not a good feeling glad ur safe lots of good guys out there forsure!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
510 Posts
I was also out yesterday morning. We were out ten miles and I had to be in bay city by 130 so we left the ice at 11. We didnt get back until almost one lol so i rushed to bay city. My gps batteries also died we we had to sleds and a quad almost run out of gas lol . O the good times you have on saginawbay.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Went out of thomas as well in all that snow and cold and was the first time out with a new sled and shanty..Thank god all went well..Glad to hear that our fellow fishermen came to your aid..I had a problem a few years back and help was on the way but as I waited no less then 6 people stopped to offer help, makes you feel good about the people around us on the bay..:)

·
Registered
25,360 Posts
Great to here.About the support you got . 99%of people will help But have seen the other 1% drive past and not look back. I take a extra gallon of gas. If you dont use it somebody may need it. Glad you made it saftley ---eyepod---out

·
Registered
276 Posts
glad u made it back safely, i ran out of gas sat. evening at thomas rd. myself luckily i was a quarter mile from the truck and a friend pulled me in.

·
Registered
8,785 Posts
Glad someone helped you out instead of turning the other cheek. Could be them that need help next time around. Good stuff.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Glad some sportsman helped you out! Nobodys perfect. Learn from it (which I'm sure you have) and move on. Good luck next trip out!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Super Moderator
10,173 Posts
OK, I just cleaned up this thread. Let’s keep it as it was meant to be…a thank you to guys that were able to help out a fellow sportsman when he needed it. If you would like to talk about safety on the bay, (which is a great topic), please do so in another thread. Thanks

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
What goes around comes around. Kudos to those who stopped and helped ya' out. Had to be a sick feeling.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I was also out yesterday morning. We were out ten miles and I had to be in bay city by 130 so we left the ice at 11. We didnt get back until almost one lol so i rushed to bay city. My gps batteries also died we we had to sleds and a quad almost run out of gas lol . O the good times you have on saginawbay.
i was born in bay city and let me tell ya, that is the best place to fish.

·
Premium Member
9,594 Posts
Always good to see a reminder of how many good people are out there......hope they see your thanks.:)

·
Registered
7,746 Posts
Just a reminder. Please take a compass out with you as well. Relying on batteris and GPS units in the cold is never a good idea. Oh yea, make sure you know which direction to point the compass as well!!

·
Registered
25,360 Posts
OK, I just cleaned up this thread. Let’s keep it as it was meant to be…a thank you to guys that were able to help out a fellow sportsman when he needed it. If you would like to talk about safety on the bay, (which is a great topic), please do so in another thread. Thanks
:hide:

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Just a reminder. Please take a compass out with you as well. Relying on batteris and GPS units in the cold is never a good idea. Oh yea, make sure you know which direction to point the compass as well!!
Well Put, I also have extra batteris for my gps...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts