Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thanks for taking me out fishing yesterday Mike. Had a great time, and we caught a nice limit of fat eyes:) Wasn't sure if you were putting a report up, so here goes.....Fished off Sebewaing in 12-14 fow outside the bar. Hot n tots and a t-stick jr. on one side, spoons off lead on other. All rods took fish. Beautiful day after the storm. Tots were 30' back, and lead was 1 1/2 color out from board with 20' leader to spoon. Speed was 2.2-2.4., and 7 or 8 of 10 fish were 20" plus, with biggest around 4lbs. Too hot to lay them out for pic, here's my 5 at home.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
nice job on a HOT day..
glad to hear they were hitting tots.i hate crawlers and slow speeds.but sometimes it's all that works..
waiting on my kicker motor to come in so i can get down there.

got a ? do husky jerks work this time of year too?

·
Premium Member
3,038 Posts
nice job on a HOT day..
glad to hear they were hitting tots.i hate crawlers and slow speeds.but sometimes it's all that works..
waiting on my kicker motor to come in so i can get down there.

got a ? do husky jerks work this time of year too?
I use little rippers and DHJ all year with success and usually take the larger fish. Little rippers run great at 1.5 so you can run with harnesses.

·
Premium Member
29,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nice job on the fish ralph..... were the bugs bad?
Only a couple biting flies, little nats weren't around where we were. Water was pretty flat also. Nothing fast and furious, hit a pod of fish and take a couple and that spot would dry right up. Then find another pod and 2 or 3 more. Only 2 throwbacks and a couple sheep. Just enough to enjoy the day and not make it too much like work in the heat:D

·
Registered
724 Posts
It was my pleasure to take you out Ralph, I had a good time and your spoon behind lead program was a good lesson for me. Yesterday I went to GrindStone and fished with a guy who ran an all leadcore program and it was very productive in 30 to 40 fow as well. We caught some nice fish (2 to 7 pound range), one short of our limit but it took a while to get them. Anyway, I hope we get another chance to fish together, it was a good to meet you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts