Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was walking around long the Grand River yesterday. After getting a dose of comedy at the Fish Ladder I went over to the East side and met a guy fishing off the high wall.
We talked a awhile and then he asked if I wanted to fish and I said of course but I don't have any gear. He offered me a pole and I reluctantly accepted because I was concerned that I might break it.
After I burned through about 5 of his spawn bags on snags and maybe a missed fish I hooked into a good sized Steelhead. I chased the fish down the wall and my new buddy chased me. After about 10 minutes, he finally netted it and hauled it up. I have a lot to learn about netting a fish off the high wall!
We each tried to convince the other that he should keep the fish but I took it home.
This is going to be one of my favorite fishing stories for the rest of my life. Not only did I have a wild battle with a great fish but my faith in mankind was renewed by a strangers generosity.
THANKS Dave !!!!

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I was walking around long the Grand River yesterday. After getting a dose of comedy at the Fish Ladder I went over to the East side and met a guy fishing off the high wall.
We talked a awhile and then he asked if I wanted to fish and I said of course but I don't have any gear. He offered me a pole and I reluctantly accepted because I was concerned that I might break it.
After I burned through about 5 of his spawn bags on snags and maybe a missed fish I hooked into a good sized Steelhead. I chased the fish down the wall and my new buddy chased me. After about 10 minutes, he finally netted it and hauled it up. I have a lot to learn about netting a fish off the high wall!
We each tried to convince the other that he should keep the fish but I took it home.
This is going to be one of my favorite fishing stories for the rest of my life. Not only did I have a wild battle with a great fish but my faith in mankind was renewed by a strangers generosity.
THANKS Dave !!!!
Lots of good people in this old world-it's good you ran into one.:xzicon_sm

·
Registered
463 Posts
Im pretty sure i watched ya! i was fishing the center run in a camo coat. Nice Job if it was you! That place gets a bad rap but i have never had any issues down there most guys are pretty good guys. Congrats on the Chrome!

·
Registered
334 Posts
I let a guy borrow my rod once. I got rained out and was parked under a bridge, and they offered me a certain beverage and I accepted, handing him my rod while trying to tie up my boat. Without asking, he decided to cast my jig out and....... BAM.... 22 inch walleye.

·
Registered
7,415 Posts
I can't wait to get another boat. I love to take newbies out on L Huron to try for salmon, lakers and steelhead. My favorite will be my grand daughter who will be turning 5 next summer. I can't wait to see her catch a salmon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts