Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
June 7, 2021

Thanks to all of those that supported my charter business for five years; it’s time to walk away on a high note. I’m especially grateful to Ron Andres, aka “Skinner”, for all of his hard work to keep the business going this Spring (after my shoulder surgery in January). Thanks Ron, for putting up with me and my complaints about all the aches and pains of getting older; you are a first class gentleman and a superb fisherman, and my clients love you! To those much younger than me and having only seen a few seasons: these are the ”good old days”! We are blessed with an incredible resource here, and all of us together will have to fight to keep it.

God bless you and yours,

Capt Jim Balzer
”DoubleJay”

·
Premium Member
10,018 Posts
Congrats Jim. Now you can fish when you want and not be tied down Enjoy it

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Thank you for the kind words Jim. It was an honor and pleasure fishing and working with you. Loved every minute.
Met many fine people as well.

I know we created some great memories not just for us but the clients as well.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Thanks for all the great trips and great memories on the river and the lake. You helped me re-introduce my daughters to fishing and re-lit the fire in them. Happy that you're moving on in life while you're able. "Always leave them wanting more".

Tight Lines Buddy

IMG_1993.JPG IMG_1996.JPG IMG_7831.JPG IMG_7828.JPG IMG_7829.JPG

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Congratulations on running a successful and renowned Charter, I can only assume how much work and dedication it takes to provide this experience for others. Best wishes in the future and may you be repaid with easy limits the rest of your days. Your generosity and willingness to share and help improve others is outstanding. If you ever need a hand fishing out of Wheatley or Erieau I will make myself available to fish with you again anyday.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts