Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any experience with the new tfo rods? I am specificaly considering a 6wt for hex fishing by walk in. I have reads some reviews and all were extremely positive. A sage slt or loomis glx would probably be ideal but I havent found one for less than 2 hundred bucks.

·
Premium Member
7,269 Posts
Mike clean out your pm's. I tried to send you one concerning rods.... but it said your box was full.

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
from my very limited experience with them, they seemed to be built well and have decent feel, albeit a bit on the heavy side, IMO. But then again, for the price........

steve

·
Premium Member
12,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Try again, I checked and emptied the one message in it.

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
plugger, did you clean out your sent box too? it shouldn't be full if only one message is in it.

steve

·
Registered
781 Posts
All I can tell you is I have a 3 wt 7'6" rod that I think is the best buy on a rod that I've got. I paid like 65.00 for it and it is great on gills and small trout. I bought it to fish the stockers in the Huron and it is a perfect rod for there. I slammed it in the tailgate of my truck one day (I do not recommend this practice) and they had a new tip section in my hands in under 10 days. I am very happy with TFO and would recommend their rods. The only knock I can think of is that they are not made in the USA.

·
Banned
901 Posts
I picked up a few TFO rods at the Troutsman in Traverse City yesterday. Seemed like very nice rods. The owner of the shop had very high praise for them. Also said Lefty Kreh discontinued his relationship with Sage to help design the new TFO rods.

·
Premium Member
12,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys,I also didnt know anyone that close stocked tfo.

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
Ive got a 8 weight TFO I love it so far too. I found mine on clearance here in Toledo. :D

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
you might want to call in to Miles Chance Orvis in Okemos Michigan, I believe he carries the two lefty kreh series rods.

steve

1 - 10 of 10 Posts