Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have am having an issue at home. I have an account with 2 cell phones. Is there anyway to get a record of the text messages sent from a phone. My provider is Verizon. I looked on their website and couldn't figure out anything. Also tried their customer service number and all it did was get me into all these recordings. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
ive never dealt with Verizon myself, my wife always does that but every other company i have phoned usually has an option to not pick an option and stay on the line for an operator.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
you should be able to get a complete call by call listing on verizons website, might be a few days behind, but it should be able to get you it eventually - albeit a few days stale.

I check on my daughters usage that way ;)

as far as text msgs go, I think that they show up as data charges, take that amount and dvidie by 20 cents to see the # of msgs sent/received.

I hope that this helps.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
I would think you would have to formally request the messages and they would probably charge you or something. It probably has to be done through customer service.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
well I don't know if it was verizon or not but they were able to get all of King Kwayme's dirty texts... :evilsmile

·
Registered
356 Posts
It takes a court order to get the actual messages. I tried a few years ago while going through my divorce.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
It takes a court order to get the actual messages. I tried a few years ago while going through my divorce.
If its your own account you shouldn't need a court order. Its only in the case that you are getting someone else's. Then you will need an administrative subpoena.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
The phones that the Verizon network use do not require sim cards, which is where the text information is stored. Once they are deleted from the phone, they are gone.

PM to be sent, also!

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Ive worked for cell phone companies before. EVERYTHING is stored on their computer system. If the account is under your name as the main name on the account, you can get the records. you will either have to call Verizon, or it is easier to go into a store that way they can just print them off. they can look up messages from one certain day, or from several days. I believe they are deleted after 90 days though(they were when I worked there). You may be charged a small fee since it is not a court order, but you can still obtain them without a court order.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Ok and are you from Detroit and do you have a suit and a jail date waiting for you??

Sorry, had to ask!!!

Mark

1 - 13 of 13 Posts