Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made it out to test a few new Fuzz Drops on 1/13/2021, casting from shore again. Changed up my technique this day, moving my bait faster and more erratic between pauses, jiggles and shakes. Many times, the more aggressive I would jig this rig, the sooner on the pause a hit would occur. Rigs pictured all caught fish, even big blue(4" long with 1/0 hook), although I missed many more hits than not on this lure. So far, these baits have shown great durability, several now have caught many fish and continue to work consistently through much abuse.
0IMG_4470.JPG 0IMG_4438.JPG

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wonder if circle hooks would work with that rig? You don't miss many bites with circle hooks.
I have not tied any of these with circle hooks yet but I bet they would work! Hookup ratio has been very good with size 2 and size 4 hooks coupled with fuzz from 1"-3". This is what I have tested the most so far. I have some bigger baits tied up but have yet to test them thoroughly.
0IMG_4430.JPG

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What about plastics?
Nothing wrong with plastics in my opinion, especially if you have a way to rigidly attach them to your hook/presentation. I am new to dropshot fishing but it has always seemed to me that plastic might be thrown off and lost easily. With smaller perch plastics on a dropshot, I had a hard time getting them to sit on the hook properly with nothing to hold them in place. I am aiming for lures/techniques that have great durability, that you can use trip after trip with confidence and consistency. Fuzz Drops have been living up to that so far, collected some more data yesterday(1/16/2021). The rig pictured has caught easily 150+ perch over 5 fishing trips and is still going strong. The leader is 12LB test, overkill for sure but does not seem to bother the fish. Casting with 3LB test mono.

0IMG_4532.JPG 0IMG_4544.JPG

·
Registered
12,730 Posts
Nothing wrong with plastics in my opinion, especially if you have a way to rigidly attach them to your hook/presentation. I am new to dropshot fishing but it has always seemed to me that plastic might be thrown off and lost easily. With smaller perch plastics on a dropshot, I had a hard time getting them to sit on the hook properly with nothing to hold them in place. I am aiming for lures/techniques that have great durability, that you can use trip after trip with confidence and consistency. Fuzz Drops have been living up to that so far, collected some more data yesterday(1/16/2021). The rig pictured has caught easily 150+ perch over 5 fishing trips and is still going strong. The leader is 12LB test, overkill for sure but does not seem to bother the fish. Casting with 3LB test mono.

View attachment 632703 View attachment 632705
Those sure do work or you have a hell of a spot ! Maybe both :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts