Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wanting to do a hog hunt. anyone know anything about ted nugents ranch? the prices are not bad but i deffinately don't want a "farm pen hunt"! also does anyone have any input on the taste of wild boar meat? thanx everyone, & be safe!!!!!

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Go to Tes'd web site and email Paul Wilson. He's the hunt coordinator and a guide, not to mention a good friend of mine. Teds ranch is definitly not a "farm pen hunt" and you will have a good time. Paul will be able to answer any questions you have.

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
my sister lives right by his ranch few months back some of his boars got loose was running right in her yard and attacked her neigbors dog

·
Registered
5,823 Posts
Did someone say loose hogs??? :) Whatever happened with the ones that were free range in the UP?

·
Registered
177 Posts
I'm going on a hunt in two weeks at Trophy Ranch. It's is bad axe. They are on average 200lb but for a hundred bucks extra you can get a 400 lb. I will post up when I get back.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
I was talking with a guy that hunts every year at Ted's Place. He claims Ted has very good Russian boar stock, big and mean

·
Registered
218 Posts
A good friend of mine owns a ranch and I have been on a couple of hog hunts, and have had a pig roast with the two i got and a couple others and the meat is Excellent!

Matt

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Hey bolodunn,

When you email Paul, let him know that I said to contact him, you never know, he may swing you a deal. And I'll second on what everyone say's about boar meat & hunting them. The quality of animals that Ted's ranch has are big, mean, wild, tough as nails and fantastic table fair! It's a ball to hunt them!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts