Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
I didn’t make the time to get trail cameras out yet this year, been very busy and on vacation but do any of you guys getting anything good on camera?

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
i dont use cameras. i hunt mostly state land. but i have been scouting a lot! i am seeing some acorns are dropping heavy! not all the trees tho. early season under a good oak could prove deadly! i have also been seeing lots of rubs pop up last week or so. some rubs are big!

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
the leaves are changin! we should probably try and nail down a team name and captain. i like the hole 9 yards and stumpsitters! i see we have some seniority members on our team... if anyone wants to captain the ship throw your hat in the ring! havent heard from skipper yet.

·
Registered
19,669 Posts
It's going to be here real quick. Leaves are changing, acorns are dropping and rubs are popping up all over. I like Stump Sitters and I think Slabstar would make a great captain.

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
It's going to be here real quick. Leaves are changing, acorns are dropping and rubs are popping up all over. I like Stump Sitters and I think Slabstar would make a great captain.
early antlerless is this weekend right? we have a few days to gather a consensus. i will captain the ship if there's no objections. i have done it before. if no objections i will start the team stumpsitters thread Friday.

·
Registered
19,669 Posts
early antlerless is this weekend right? we have a few days to gather a consensus. i will captain the ship if there's no objections. i have done it before. if no objections i will start the team stumpsitters thread Friday.
That all sounds good to me Captain Slabstar.

·
Registered
19,669 Posts
Stump Sitters and Slabstar works for me. I was planning on tagging a doe with my bow during the early antlerless season but will be missing it now. My wife and I will be flying down to Texas this weekend to pick up another European Dachshund who will join my tracking team!
Nothing better than a new dog. Best of luck with your new deer tracker.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Stump Sitters and Slabstar works for me. I was planning on tagging a doe with my bow during the early antlerless season but will be missing it now. My wife and I will be flying down to Texas this weekend to pick up another European Dachshund who will join my tracking team!
Friend of mine used to have one. Nothing special just a run of the mill wiener dog. Got her on a few blood trails and she figured it out from there. She wasn’t an exceptional tracker but she was decent and helped me on a few difficult finds and she sure got excited when you took her out for a job.

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
I need a dog, a bird dog!! hiked about 4 miles today. heard grouse drumming but couldn't put em up! found some nice tall fresh rubs in a new to me area. checked some old haunts to see if acorns were dropping but nodda.

·
Registered
19,669 Posts
I really miss my bird dog days. I grew up with shorthairs and pheasants/grouse but since the birds are all gone around this area it's no longer an option. Maybe that's why I pour so much time into deer hunting. When it comes to acorns I have plenty!.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.