Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 420 Posts

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Alright guys, my name is Mark. I live east of Flint and I hunt the family farm in the Thumb. I’ve been hunting there for nearly 40 years and killing 2 deer won’t be a problem as most years I shoot between 3-5 However, finding a good buck may be a different story.

This fall I expect to be busier than usual. My wife is expecting to have another spine surgery soon. We meet with the surgeon to discuss it tomorrow afternoon. I also drew a Montana deer tag so I’ll be spending the 2nd week of November along the Milk River and the surrounding prairies looking for a decent mule deer. My first trip out west so I’m pretty fired up!

No buck for me last fall. Here’s a few of my most recent bucks…
Trophy hunting Plant Hunting Deer hunting Smile

Military camouflage Camouflage Hunting Marines Soldier

Camouflage Military camouflage Hunting Deer hunting Vertebrate

·
Registered
12,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alright guys, my name is Mark. I live east of Flint and I hunt the family farm in the Thumb. I’ve been hunting there for nearly 40 years and killing 2 deer won’t be a problem as most years I shoot between 3-5 However, finding a good buck may be a different story.

This fall I expect to be busier than usual. My wife is expecting to have another spine surgery soon. We meet with the surgeon to discuss it tomorrow afternoon. I also drew a Montana deer tag so I’ll be spending the 2nd week of November along the Milk River and the surrounding prairies looking for a decent mule deer. My first trip out west so I’m pretty fired up!

View attachment 787004
View attachment 787002
View attachment 787005
Good luck on your hunt in Montana,something I can only dream about. And good luck on your wifes spine surgery,had a couple myself .

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Good luck on your hunt in Montana,something I can only dream about. And good luck on your wifes spine surgery,had a couple myself .
Thanks! My buddy moved out there maybe 10 years ago and I haven’t seen him since the move. Looking forward to hunting with him again. My wife had a spinal fusion almost 2 years ago to fix a disc that was basically gone. Doc said there was another bad one and he’d see us again in a couple years for another fusion. Well, here we are. I’ll keep everyone posted.

·
Registered
453 Posts

View attachment 787004
View attachment 787002
View attachment 787005
Nice bucks! Hopefully everything will go good with your wife's operation!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Pier Pressure you will love eastern Montana. I will be in western Montana for deer and elk for the first 2 weeks in November. My favorite trip every year. Missed last year bc we drew Iowa deer instead. I have done it many years and have a few honey holes picked out and try to add another each year. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

1 - 20 of 420 Posts