Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

161 - 180 of 210 Posts

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Looking at the updated as of 11-20-20, the official score only has us at 58 points and looks nothing like this.
Both mine are posted.
17+5=22

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
A couple of the bucks we were after this season were taken by neighbors during firearm season. There should still be a couple running around so I have hope for the late season. I will get my doe and anything else I shoot posted up once I’m done hunting for the year.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Following the defending champs page and they are saying for anyone to have a chance, they will need more than 140 points. It looks like they have had another great season.
I'm not complaining. It's been a great season so far, and I still have one more public doe tag left to fill. I hope I don't judge my season on how many points we get. I wound up helping 2 guys who don't get quality opportunities to hunt, to harvest a deer for each of them. That made the whole season worthwhile!

BTW- HAPPY THANKSGIVING guys! I love ya! I hope you're having an absolutely blessed day!

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I agree guys, it has been a great season for me as well. I tagged out and was able to take a young man out with me to my gun spot for the first few days. We saw quite a few deer, just not one he was looking for. It is not about the points, but as Herb Brooks said about the 1980 Russian hockey team.... somebody's going to knock those guys off..lol. Judging from what I have read, they all have some tremendous, highly managed land to hunt on.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I normally don't hunt gun season, but I got out a few times this past week. Had some fun with my son. I was out the last couple days and did not see a deer until the ride home! WHICH I must admit, I was happy to see a couple deer! I did manage to find a few nice spots with loads of fresh sign, so I might give those spots a look once the woods calm a bit.

Reactions: pgpn123

·
Premium Member
30,789 Posts
Following the defending champs page and they are saying for anyone to have a chance, they will need more than 140 points. It looks like they have had another great season.

.....or not.
They stretch the truth.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
You can notice the trends....or not.....in the pic posts. To say that there have been some thumpers shot this year is an understatement. Lots of double buck posts and lots of free time on peoples hands as well. Has nothing to do with BS&B it's just the season as a whole. Believe it or not!

Reactions: Get'nLucky

·
Premium Member
30,789 Posts
You can notice the trends....or not.....in the pic posts. To say that there have been some thumpers shot this year is an understatement. Lots of double buck posts and lots of free time on peoples hands as well. Has nothing to do with BS&B it's just the season as a whole. Believe it or not!

....or not!

·
Premium Member
30,789 Posts

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Hey yall! I took another doe tonight! That makes 4 deer for the season. One with the bow, the 270, the 25-06, and now the muzzy! Thank You Jesus! She will wind up being mostly jerky. I think it's time to start putting the hunting gear away and start looking at the fishing gear. :) Look at the 300 gr Barnes Expander MZ I recovered. She didn't have a chance. You should have seen the damage it caused.
62915931417__107612C5-0866-48A4-BD1C-46047E45E549.jpg
62916292105__3ACF4484-C8F1-49F0-8298-69E0F7E9C143.jpg

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Nice Doe Brian. I haven't seen a deer on public in 5 sits now. Going to another new spot tomorrow, HOPE it pays off!

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
It was the same with me. The "Thanksgiving Shift" had already happened and the food sources on the public were pounded hard by hunters. The ususal travel routes changed. I wound up buying another private land doe tag so I could hunt my own food plot again.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Butt hurt much? :D
IF you guys are as good as you claim you are.....!:whistle:
Many of you on BS&B thought a reunion tour for H8ed was a good idea....until it happened. Maybe it was the thought of me as a ringer that tripped your triggers....or not!
https://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/threads/announcement.673195/page-2
Yes that was supposed to be 2023 after we had a chance to become back 2 back or 3x champs, so you could pair up a contest with all the other back2backs too. Side contest would have been the best route on that one. Here you snubbed all the prior back2backs. Just face the facts, you messed up and nearly every participant in this contest recognizes that.

161 - 180 of 210 Posts