Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

TEAM #6 HALF A DIRTY DOZEN Official Team Thread

11100 469
Welcome home and happy hunting gentlemen!!

@mustang72

@Bucman

@Bwhntr

@jacksonmideerhunter

@kotz21

@Bobcat

@dlawrence1

@y2ba

Everyone kind of forgets people's names, well I know I do. So if you want to remind everyone of your first name go ahead and add it to your first post here, if you want too. If not and your ok with everyone just using your username than the privacy will be respected all the same.

- Danny
421 - 440 of 470 Posts
Yeah that's something I need to see.
Yeah I’m really looking forward to seeing what the migration brings here, saw some of it while driving last year over in the central UP, but haven’t hunted one yet. Our property is right on the edge of a wintering complex, so things could get pretty interesting once it starts!
I believe so yes, but I'll be there for a football game
Indiana is a one buck state right?
It would be interesting to hunt a migration for sure. I have seen people do it for elk and muleys out west, looks like monstrous herds which yiu take your pick from. I'm sure it's not to that extent but it sure does sound exciting!
Yeah I’m really looking forward to seeing what the migration brings here, saw some of it while driving last year over in the central UP, but haven’t hunted one yet. Our property is right on the edge of a wintering complex, so things could get pretty interesting once it starts!
Wishing the neighbors had better aim, I hope young fella makes it through the winter.

Attachments

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: y2ba and Bucman
Ohh geez. That is a horrible shot. Hopefully infection or coyotes don't kill him.
Any of you shoot an Elite bow by chance?
Mathews here
Any of you shoot an Elite bow by chance?
Reactions: Bucman
Mathews is what I have.
2 guys I knew that did went back to there previous brands.(Hoyt,Mathews) Both got dealer discounted bows.
Reactions: kotz21
I was just trying to get some first person experience on them. I have had Mathews, Bowtech and now Hoyt. All of which I have liked. I keep seeing reviews and hearing good things about the new Omnia, it has me intrigued.
I'm a Mathews man too!!
Which models you guys shooting? I had a switchback xt which i wish i still had, then had a vertix. I sold it because i fell on my shoulder and i struggled to hold that heavy girl up for almost two years. This is the third year and my shoulder finally seems like it is better. I went to a carbon Hoyt.
I had the 28" Triax but ended up getting rid of it and went back to the longer axle to axle much better fit for a tall dude lol. Currently in the VXR 31.5
Reactions: dlawrence1
Legacy then Reezen. My Legacy was a shooting machine a little longer and heavier than the Reezen never shot that Reezen as well though. Im good for maybe 3-5 shots a month 😢 now
I have a Halon 7 and a Switchback XT.
Some doe patrol this week! Doing some bonding with my stepsons. Both boys first deer and season! As some may know winning over step children can be difficult sometimes. Nothing like happy boys holding a deer!
Smile Hunting Trophy hunting Freezing Tree

Hunting Crocodile Fawn Grass Recreation
Hunting Smile Vertebrate Mammal Flash photography

Oh ya my cool factor just got a big bump! 💪
Im still at it.My shiawasee hunt was pretty uneventful. Only got to hunt 3-1/2 days. Ill be out with my bow and or slug gun until the end.
I tried selling myself on an elite last spring. Kept going back to the V3. Ive heard alot of people say they dont like the draw cycle, but that was the selling point for me. Rock solid back wall. I tend to like a slightly heavier bow.
Which models you guys shooting? I had a switchback xt which i wish i still had, then had a vertix. I sold it because i fell on my shoulder and i struggled to hold that heavy girl up for almost two years. This is the third year and my shoulder finally seems like it is better. I went to a carbon Hoyt.
I have a cell cam still up and running on a scrape on my thumb lease. it was pretty slow for awhile, last 2/3 days i think every small buck in huron county has hit it. With the amount of doe in the area, im assuming theres a decent amount not bred. Work holiday party today and then ill be up there in the morning.
Awesome pics Bucman!!!
Congrats on the does!! Maybe you will get em hooked on it and the rest will be history. Good to see new youth having great success.
Some doe patrol this week! Doing some bonding with my stepsons. Both boys first deer and season! As some may know winning over step children can be difficult sometimes. Nothing like happy boys holding a deer! View attachment 871484
View attachment 871485 View attachment 871486
Oh ya my cool factor just got a big bump! [emoji123]
421 - 440 of 470 Posts