Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

TEAM #6 HALF A DIRTY DOZEN Official Team Thread

11100 469
Welcome home and happy hunting gentlemen!!

@mustang72

@Bucman

@Bwhntr

@jacksonmideerhunter

@kotz21

@Bobcat

@dlawrence1

@y2ba

Everyone kind of forgets people's names, well I know I do. So if you want to remind everyone of your first name go ahead and add it to your first post here, if you want too. If not and your ok with everyone just using your username than the privacy will be respected all the same.

- Danny
401 - 420 of 470 Posts
I will have to agree with you guys on that one. My wife had a very rough hard time getting used to it, and sometimes she still has comments about how much I hunt. However, she eats a lot of the meat so she doesnt say much about it anymore. She now asks for when I am going instead of trying to tell me when I can.
Get r done kotz!!
Thankfully my wife is the same way! Headed to Ohio this weekend for their gun opener too!
Reactions: kotz21
It didn’t take long for the deer to hit the cut field.

Attachments

That is a hungry doe. Out grabbing a snack midday.
Reactions: kotz21
Congrats on a great buck Bryan! And the does fellas! Ive only been out one morning since opening day. Work and wind....two things im not a fan of in November! Ill be up in the thumb Fri-sun....loading up the bow and the 20 gauge, probably hunt mornings with the bow and evenings with the slug gun. Following weekend my plan is to head to The SWNR for a muzzy hunt. Im a little skeptical going in with only 2 days of scouting such a big area, but im going to go for it. Not really sure what to expect as far as hunter numbers. I had some great hunts the days leading up to gun opener, including getting drawn on the 10pt i was after at 15 yards,hot on a does tail, tried getting him stopped...wasnt happening. Figured as visible as he was the last week, he was gonna end up in a truck and he did. Opening morning i caught a glimpse of him working up the neighbors tree line and into their woodlot. Young kid dropped him a few minutes later, couldnt have been happier for him...he was stoked when i sent him all the pics and videos i had of him. I can say this has been one of the most exciting seasons ive had, despite not having a deer down.....yet! Plan on taking the first big doe i can this weekend.
Where are you guys? kotz is in Ohio i know(good luck there)
We done? Im still at it everyday and will be shooting up the does soon!
Reactions: bigbucks160
Still here. Just waiting for any weapon season starting Friday. Be a weekend warrior now unless I get my 10 on camera.
Im still after the one I marked earlier this year...:mad:
I got eyes on him at 285 5 minutes after shooting light 4 nights ago. I need some cold weather to get him up earlier! Quite a few young ones volunteering for target duty though to keep it fun :ROFLMAO:
My season gets tough from here forward with bday parties and Xmas parties. I will be filling the freezer and if I get lucky enough I'm still looking for some antlers to put on the wall. It'll be tough but still plausible.
Anyone going out this weekend?
Reactions: Bucman
Question is who isn't ? I have a buck and 5 doe tags to fill yet. Doe for sure, buck 🤷🏻‍♂️ we'll see
Reactions: dlawrence1
I am semi undecided on if I am going out. Wife and daughter leave for Disney today which leaves me and the boy. If I go I would probably only get out Saturday evening. I have a project at home that I should work on, but its already waited a year so what's another week or two.
Not sure If I'll get out this weekend or not, have some boiling to do. Still have a little over 100 acres of corn standing. I will make an attempt on a windy day to take a little stroll through it. Still looking for my big 10, I'm guessing he may be in there somewhere.
I am undecided, I may go out Sunday afternoon. Depending on what time I get back from Indy!!!!
Reactions: Bucman
Indiana is a one buck state right?
Still trying to get it done up here. Seeing lots of deer, but haven’t managed to get anything legal to give me a shot yet. Mostly seeing 1.5s, which are almost all spikes, 3 and 4 points here. Hoping the migration will bring a new buck or 2 through sometime during muzzleloader season, hasn’t started yet though. With a 3 year old that’s a handful at home, I’ve just been sticking to our property and trying to learn it for this season instead of branching out into the surrounding public. Still have time, still fairly confident I’ll manage to get one, lol.
Confidence is an ally! Keeps you on point better I believe.
That migration must be exciting not knowing what might stroll through.

Oh and that 3year old will 33 before you know!
Still trying to get it done up here. Seeing lots of deer, but haven’t managed to get anything legal to give me a shot yet. Mostly seeing 1.5s, which are almost all spikes, 3 and 4 points here. Hoping the migration will bring a new buck or 2 through sometime during muzzleloader season, hasn’t started yet though. With a 3 year old that’s a handful at home, I’ve just been sticking to our property and trying to learn it for this season instead of branching out into the surrounding public. Still have time, still fairly confident I’ll manage to get one, lol.
Yeah I’m really looking forward to seeing what the migration brings here, saw some of it while driving last year over in the central UP, but haven’t hunted one yet. Our property is right on the edge of a wintering complex, so things could get pretty interesting once it starts!
Confidence is an ally! Keeps you on point better I believe.
That migration must be exciting not knowing what might stroll through.

Oh and that 3year old will 33 before you know!
401 - 420 of 470 Posts