Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

361 - 380 of 463 Posts

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Good work BB your a killer, freezer will be happy. I will put down a doe soon maybe this weekend. Im not done guys meat will hit the ground.
Do it! And good luck!

Id be surprised if everybody on this team doesn't bring something to the scales before weigh in time.

I dont think I'm done yet either. Usually by November 15th I'm full fishing mode, but I'm still pretty fired up to hunt this year for some reason. I do a muzzy sit or 2 on average but its more of I have a couple hours to kill and its muzzy season, and I have one type thing.

Whatever the reason I have bitched about the zone 3 changes, but I think I'm gonna talk out both sides and take advantage of them as well.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
I do not have many bucks around recently that get me excited. However we don't plan on shooting doe's until a little later this month. I should be able to tag 2, hopefully with archery equipment. Putting the boys first really lessens my ability to contribute but I wouldn't trade it for any of my own successes.

·
Registered
12,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #363
It happens BB ! He'll eat good. You're gang should just do a "pig" roast with em.... we did one time with a buddy that shot a dink and plates were not needed. We were like a wild pack of wolves devouring that thing :)

·
Registered
12,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #367
What's up guy's ? Who's still in? I'm far from throwing in the towel I'm no quitter and I've gotta kill 2. Checked camera at private. Two pics last couple days, little buck, few does. Night time. Batteries were just about dead so didn't take pics since last time I checked, only those couple... Probably won't even replace em, just sit n see. Be a surprise ! But Browning will hear from me. Says 1 year battery life guaranteed, only been out since September and not even on video...

Kid duty today or I'd be out. Sat with my buddy other night at his place with his x-bow thought for sure we were in. He had the video camera ready and deer were coming in daily to his plots... UNTIL we sat !!!

Next trip, tomorrow evening I'll be on piece of state land that just opened after duck.. "should" be good!

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
I think I'm eyeballing tomorrow am and Sunday pm for a couple sits. Not feeling a ton of urgency with so many days of gun left and 3 dead deer Can kind of pick and choose. Think I am gonna chase some fins Friday also. Want to get the wife out with the 350L. Maybe tomorrow pm but she needs to shoot it still. I have ammo supposed to be getting dropped off today. Down to 3 shells after sighting in and one deer down. Thats fine for me but wife needs to shoot it before hunting with it. Can't find any 350L ammo in my area. I feel like I snagged the last box online too. Fingers crossed it shows up today and I can make a quick run to the Pontiac lake range. Shouldnt take much to get it dialed in with the new ammo.

·
Registered
12,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #369
I'm out now. Different area then expected but hopes are high, thick nasty gnarly **** ya can't crawl through to my left and marsh-swamp to my right. I've got 4 run ways hammered down to the mud within 100 yards. If I don't see a deer at least I'm done !! Just kidding but damn it looks good !

·
Registered
12,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #370
Well BB told ya it happens...little fella, oops. Been years, can't remember last little one I shot. BUT tonight I did. He'll eat. Was on my way to the "front" and noticed they just clear cut a huge area. Deer like new clear cuts, head off and scout. Found some good stuff.
Set up with 4 run ways hammered down, mud still crossing the trails. Wasn't there long and had 3 big doe headed my way. "If" they were to keep coming would've been a 10' shot. They had that sixth sense and stopped and headed back from where they came from.

Turned phone on and it was 5:12 few minutes left, out comes this little thing 80 yards or so through some tall grass, Looked small, stepped on a hill and looked big! Quartered to me and catching wind it was time to shoot ! Hit right where I aimed, front of shoulder and came out just other side lung, blood and hair on impact. Heard it crash :) Buddy says "Aj!" when he walked up to it... oops, he'll eat and it won't be my last deer from there ! Just a start. I'll wait to enter
IMG_20201209_193058.jpg

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Well BB told ya it happens...little fella, oops. Been years, can't remember last little one I shot. BUT tonight I did. He'll eat. Was on my way to the "front" and noticed they just clear cut a huge area. Deer like new clear cuts, head off and scout. Found some good stuff.
Set up with 4 run ways hammered down, mud still crossing the trails. Wasn't there long and had 3 big doe headed my way. "If" they were to keep coming would've been a 10' shot. They had that sixth sense and stopped and headed back from where they came from.

Turned phone on and it was 5:12 few minutes left, out comes this little thing 80 yards or so through some tall grass, Looked small, stepped on a hill and looked big! Quartered to me and catching wind it was time to shoot ! Hit right where I aimed, front of shoulder and came out just other side lung, blood and hair on impact. Heard it crash :) Buddy says "Aj!" when he walked up to it... oops, he'll eat and it won't be my last deer from there ! Just a start. I'll wait to enter
View attachment 615045
Congrats weeze, nobody deserves it more than you.... Well maybe Norm!! That sucker is full of meat and will eat just fine. Good job man!

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Congrats! We're still getting after them. Turning to does here soon. Been seeing a lot of young bucks. My 11yo had a small 8 point in front of him for over 20 minutes 2 nights ago. No way I could or would have passed on any buck let alone an 8 point when I was younger. He wants one he is going to mount for his next buck. Had one big doe come through but she didn't offer a shot. Took last night off to get my oldest sons buck processed and a few things done around the house and sure enough we get a pic of a shooter in our plot at 5:04. Best buck we've had on cam in almost a month. Going to have to wake up early to get my boys out tonight. Working mids has it's advantages but sleep definitely is not one of them.

·
Registered
12,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #373
Congrats! We're still getting after them. Turning to does here soon. Been seeing a lot of young bucks. My 11yo had a small 8 point in front of him for over 20 minutes 2 nights ago. No way I could or would have passed on any buck let alone an 8 point when I was younger. He wants one he is going to mount for his next buck. Had one big doe come through but she didn't offer a shot. Took last night off to get my oldest sons buck processed and a few things done around the house and sure enough we get a pic of a shooter in our plot at 5:04. Best buck we've had on cam in almost a month. Going to have to wake up early to get my boys out tonight. Working mids has it's advantages but sleep definitely is not one of them.
Good luck to those boys !! Sounds of it they're lucky they've got ya. Way to go dad !

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Tomorrow afternoon looking like the time to be out. I think I'm going to a familiar section and making a set up in a spot ive never hunted anywhere near but have always meant to. I have killed a deer out of that section 4 of the last 5 years, not this year yet tho. I killed Bambi that way a couple weeks back. Why I love public, more potential spots then I could ever hunt. Probably some good days for getting out with the bow next week also keep at it guys! I'm hunting tomorrow afternoon for sure then ill be out until 3rd gun season. Fin chasing was good btw.
20201211_110421.jpg

·
Registered
12,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #378
Congrats to the boy Buktruk !
Good luck this evening gents. I'm in as well.
BB I hear ya about state land. My cry baby piss poor attitude to start this season wasn't a good one. Won't happen again and next year I'll have literally probably 50 "sets" on state land ! My 1st time at a spot when I killed bambi as well seen 4 deer and not sure what might've been behind it...didn't have much time to wait.

All I really need is 1 more. A deer and a half will do us but I'm going to try for 2 more, hopefully a decent buck. Have to shoot the muzzleloader this wk.
Put away the boat myself BB but sure wouldn't mind doing some shore fishing or getting a tug sometime soon some where itching for it

361 - 380 of 463 Posts