Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

· Registered
635 Posts
Let’s roll. I will be on the ice starting Friday-Monday. This will be year 3 since I got back in the game. Always had a hard shack out as a kid but moved on to running hounds and never looked back. I still put most my time into the hounds but early I will be on the ice. I will also spend at least 3 sits on big fish waters witch I’m getting dialed into. Last year I built 2 spears and first trip out with both I took a low 30s” fish. If I have to I will build another (it’s started just have to get motivation to finish). Carved 2 decoys this summer as well but I’m struggling with the weight as of now but the pressure to produce will give me the spark I need. Hoping to get my oldest kid a fish this year he’s been with me since I got back into it and really enjoys it so first few fish next weekend will be all him. Unless it’s big lol. If the weathers crappy I might make the gtg but if I’m driving an hr I have a hard time not going to my big fish waters. Might spear that lake and the. Sneak into the ceremony it’s not that far of a drive.

· Registered
58 Posts
Checking in for year two of learning Saginaw bay. Speared LSC for awhile with a best at 37" hope this is the year i can break this. I plan on trying a few different inland lakes as well this year. Planning on my first sit being over new years weekend.

· Registered
2,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Like to spend the season chasing the side pot points, and swinging a single tine spear. More often than not I'm good for a low 30" class pike to contribute.

Spears, beers, and a whole lotta dunking weird stuff as a decoy.

Probably build a few spears to throw and see what sticks.

Keep it the good times rolling in the team thread boys, and good luck on your adventures this season.

· Registered
2,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyone got an interesting (FUNNY) idea for a decoy?
Was thinking about firing up the 3D printer, but for some reason kept on grabbing fish models.
If I can print dang near any form........then why choose a fish.
Already have Scuba Steve in my arsenal, Nemo, and a Submarine.

F-14 TomCat.........Highway to the Danger zone!?

· Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
Anyone got an interesting (FUNNY) idea for a decoy?
Was thinking about firing up the 3D printer, but for some reason kept on grabbing fish models.
If I can print dang near any form........then why choose a fish.
Already have Scuba Steve in my arsenal, Nemo, and a Submarine.

F-14 TomCat.........Highway to the Danger zone!?
A broom. You already know I do the clean up work.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

· Registered
635 Posts
Id be interested if I could find the time. I just found my lil spot close to home is fishable. I will be looking down the hole the next 2 mornings. Its pretty sheltered from the wind to so the “storm” wont slow me down

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

1 - 20 of 93 Posts