Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
401 - 420 of 523 Posts

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Wood Felidae Art Fawn Sculpture
well It wasn't with archery gear but I took a doe tonight so added some points.back to looking for bucks again and see how I do on them before I score this girl..
5 came in and I wasnt sure if I was gonna shoot had the scope on this one and another big doe.this 1 finally blew twice at 40 yds.they all walked off and about 5 min later I see them pacing around and this one starts coming back checking me out.she kept coming quartering hard toward me and I thought may as well take her.put it on the base of her neck and it came out behind the ribs on other side..she backflipped and flopped about 20yds and was done.took out lungs.

·
Premium Member
7,267 Posts
Went to my parcel in Hillsdale last night. My property there hadn't seen an evening sit all year. Saw 3 baldies. Had my crossbow but no shot.
Will be taking the archery gear on most hunts from here on out to tag a doe.
No let up G5's.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Lots of deer over the weekend.
One heck of a storm and wind. Deer moved during it and after.
Have two dandies at camp that I am still looking for.
Set up 2 blinds in town for my sons and I to prowl at. Several bucks still running there.
Will be off work tomorrow night till Monday. We will keep at it till the end. Good luck all.

·
Premium Member
7,267 Posts
Lobrass do you have a stand with in 10-80 yards from any property line? If so then that comment is garbage. My buck was shot and died 80 yards from a property line. That’s 240ft.
Brother, do you REALLY want to tangle with me???? I hunt that ground, remember???

The ONLY reason you have that lease is because of the work OTHERS did to create a deer utopia. Not just one neighbor but 4. The "lease" you have was gathered because of the neighboring propertys. Your lease is 8 acres of park effect woods with a ditch and ag fields. That parcel is leased because of it's proximity to intensely managed parcels adjoining it. PERIOD. Then, 16 buck tags come on annually to pluck as much as possible in the name of "trophy deer hunting". Just to brag it up on social media and anyone else you can send a picture to.

When my dad sent me a picture of your buck and told me your plans to visit OUR parcels!!!!!!! I told pops your MO. NO TOUR FOR YOU!!!!! Christ, I don't want you knowing where we are!!!

Better plug in your phone, social media can't handle even 5 minutes without more posts about your buck.

Hey, I'd LOVE to be able to congratulate you on a great buck but when you shoot them to brag ALL OVER SOCIAL MEDIA and don't work to promote the resource, I take offense.

Care to continue?

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
Brother, do you REALLY want to tangle with me???? I hunt that ground, remember???

The ONLY reason you have that lease is because of the work OTHERS did to create a deer utopia. Not just one neighbor but 4. The "lease" you have was gathered because of the neighboring propertys. Your lease is 8 acres of park effect woods with a ditch and ag fields. That parcel is leased because of it's proximity to intensely managed parcels adjoining it. PERIOD. Then, 16 buck tags come on annually to pluck as much as possible in the name of "trophy deer hunting". Just to brag it up on social media and anyone else you can send a picture to.

When my dad sent me a picture of your buck and told me your plans to visit OUR parcels!!!!!!! I told pops your MO. NO TOUR FOR YOU!!!!! Christ, I don't want you knowing where we are!!!

Better plug in your phone, social media can't handle even 5 minutes without more posts about your buck.

Hey, I'd LOVE to be able to congratulate you on a great buck but when you shoot them to brag ALL OVER SOCIAL MEDIA and don't work to promote the resource, I take offense.

Care to continue?
Interesting. Remember I own two parcels of land also besides being a lease member. I pay taxes on both so I can talk. My friend Ron asked me to be on the lease long ago. Rons been hunting that ground and area since the 70s. I rairly hunt that Hillsdale ground. I have a lot of respect for the areas property owners also. The evening I shot that buck was the 4th time I been there this year.
Also Used to hunt right by where your dads land is long ago actually. My friends still hunt there. I’m sure you know who they are. My friends dad is friends with your dad. He asked me to send your dad a picture remember that. Also I have no plans to visit anyone’s ground. Could care less about that. I work hard for the deer I kill and the habitat work shows it. Grew a 180 and 174 back to back years in Kalamazoo that the neighbors killed and I’m happy for them not bitter.
My friends that hunt down that way do whatever they do . Also shoot deer for social media attention? I think not. I been shooting nice deer for a long time. I do it because I love the challenge not recognition.
some hunters are the reason I like fishing better. Not even sure where your comment came from.

paul

·
Premium Member
7,267 Posts
Well please, go FISH!!!! Do I need to remind you that YOU are on a forum which allows trash talking? You come to my team thread looking to poke the bear and are wondering why I am trash talking your line sitting rear end? My comments are directed at a line sitter who brags.
Do you know how to gut a deer? Just wondering.
Line sitter, line sitter, line sitter. Some lines are 160 acres wide, by the way.
Did I hurt your feelings? Then stay off this thread because I am going to rake you over the coals continuously until Hell freezes over if you keep showing up.
Your nickname is forever LINE SITTER!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.........

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
Hey I can trash talk with the best of em. I enjoy it and it makes it more fun. Used to hunt down there off Burt road. Bucks just weren’t big enough for me down there. I didn’t know you deer hunted at Dan’s ground. That’s cool. I knew you did some Turkey hunting that’s about it. Next time your there stop and say hi.

·
Premium Member
7,267 Posts
Credit you for making sure you are line sitting Rancho. Well played!!
I have turkey, duck and goose hunted there. That is hunting too, just saying. You antler fetish guys forget that there are other forms of hunting.
Yeah, you are right Line Sitter, no big deer down our way........move along, nothing down this way.
So did you find out who is winning there, Line Sitter?

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
Lmfao
I have a serious antler fetish and huge fish fetish. I do your right!

Still trying to see if you guys are gonna make the top 10 or not.

Typically line sitters have a fence going through a tree. But if ya wanna give me that nickname I’ll be out to shoot more. Putting a group of bucks together on my wall called the legend bucks. :)

·
Premium Member
7,267 Posts
Just make sure you keep shooting them in the spine, Line Sitter.

There you have it G5's, this Line Sitter is now calling us all out.

Make him pay G5's, make him pay.

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
Just make sure you keep shooting them in the spine, Line Sitter.

There you have it G5's, this Line Sitter is now calling us all out.

Make him pay G5's, make him pay.
You mean the G strings!

Going back with the wife tomorrow to target another one in the spine! I can be a mercenary very easily and I can also kill big bucks. I won’t slow down any time soon.
Typically a line sitter would have a stand in a tree or fence row with the property line going through it. Not where I hunt in Hillsdale does that exist. Property is separated by an actual road.

I concentrate most of my big buck kill time on my ground in Kalamazoo. Bigger bucks out that way anyways.

Hey since your team is gonna lose this year do you wanna come with me to iowa and be my camera boy?

oh yea I just changed the name of the buck I killed to the line sitter buck. ;)

401 - 420 of 523 Posts