Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
381 - 400 of 523 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,267 Posts
Brown it's down unclebass......

Hey G5's, felt it's about time to point out that in addtition to being some flat out KILLERS, the G5's lead the way in posts on the team threads. Just wanted to note that past victorious teams that I have been on ALWAYS were right up there on that stat.

Kill away G5's!!!

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #383 ·
Oh yeah John, right on brother. Team work makes the dream work. We can do this!!!

As your captain something I have failed to do, is list out all of our scoring deer so far. I would like to list each deer, and points. I haven't had the time, but need to sort thru all the posts to rack em up. Or, if you can can each list out taken deer with points, that would be a big help too. Whatever you can do...

Me for instance- Maple Ridge (Don) AD = 7 Pts and FB = 13 Pts (8 point with gun).

I am holding off on submitting that buck until end of season, highly unlikely I will shoot a buck with more points (Or with my bow for added +2 pts) but hey you never know!

Side Note- very important at the end of season to add your scoring deer to the Contest scoring thread, along with Picture of you, The deer, Tag, and weapon used!

Keep on rocking it G5's!!! Let me know what you think of tallying our points Mid-season (now).

Don

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #385 ·

·
Premium Member
7,267 Posts
LoBrass has the 10 pt firearm buck. 15 points.
And, I AIN'T DONE!!! I have upgraded bucks and does so I am one that feels you should hold off on entry. Just be prompt and don't forget. This team isn't that team though. The one good thing we have going is full participation.

Right on G5's, well done!!

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
2nd day i saw 5 different bucks and bunch of does...had a good buck chasing does and running off little bucks grunting and roaring like crazy seen him 5 times on Tuesday and he was either running top speed or in thick briers never got a shot off..
Wed morning sat till 11 never saw a deer first skunk sit of the year.wed night hunted a different spot in a shack seen 7 all bald nothing closer then 125yds..back to work today..be back in the woods sat afternoon and Sunday

·
Premium Member
7,267 Posts
Lots of activities this weekend but mostly evening stuff. I will be out tomorrow morning somewhere good and will likely also be somewhere good on Tuesday. We have yet to hunt our Hillsdale parcels with a gun. So many hunts.....so little time!!!
Sat behind the house last night with my dad. Such an enjoyable hunt!! Stealth was NOT a big part of our game but fortunately the blind and location are pretty forgiving.
We saw a 6 point. I was the shooter if it was 140"-159" and dad was going to gun him if over 160"............hey, we have high expectations!!!
Smile Jeans Outerwear Beard Window

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #391 ·
He looks deadly, tedly!!

We did a mom/son Bowhunt 3 weeks ago, really cool now that mom got into Bowhunting.

I got memories of her when I was 15 saying "You guys are going hunting AGAIN?"

Boy has that changed now!! (y) (y) (y)

·
Premium Member
14,619 Posts
We are down a buck at Rancho Farmlegend. Browmeister got shot along with the doe he was tailing by the lease guys to the South. I was lucky to have two close encounters with him this season before @Groundsize took him down. Congrats to Paul!! Now I am heading down this evening and looking to battle with another buck we have running around the farm this weekend.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #399 ·
John, we got pics of that buck I shot before bow season, through bow season also. That was a long wait, tried to take him with Archery gear and didn't pan out. He actually was #1 on the hitlist for that property. Not huge by any stretch compared to others trophies, but for here where my family hunts he is top 5% buck structure and also #1 until another buck moves in. All relative to where you hunt. It's interesting to me to see others #1 buck compared to ours, there is antler size differences.

I'm always hoping for that Mega trophy roaming buck that just "Drops in" though:cool::cool::cool:

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
We are down a buck at Rancho Farmlegend. Browmeister got shot along with the doe he was tailing by the lease guys to the South. I was lucky to have two close encounters with him this season before @Groundsize took him down. Congrats to Paul!! Now I am heading down this evening and looking to battle with another buck we have running around the farm this weekend.
Rich,
Thank you! That is very nice of
You to say. Now go kill a big one you are due buddy.

381 - 400 of 523 Posts