Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
181 - 200 of 237 Posts

·
Team Yukon
5,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #182 ·
Only one last night…moved a camera on the way to a stand..got up and all set when I heard a pop..pucker moment for a few minutes as one of the cables broke..Yea that stand has a lifeline on it..back down I went to another stand sweating like a pig..Took a whore bath last night, jumping around on a piece of plywood..lol went to all fresh gear this morning with the cooler temps..up to 20 this morning most within 30 yds..DnFs and spikes..Big boys must be locked down..

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Registered
17,201 Posts
Only one last night…moved a camera on the way to a stand..got up and all set when I heard a pop..pucker moment for a few minutes as one of the cables broke..Yea that stand has a lifeline on it..back down I went to another stand sweating like a pig..Took a whore bath last night, jumping around on a piece of plywood..lol went to all fresh gear this morning with the cooler temps..up to 20 this morning most within 30 yds..DnFs and spikes..Big boys must be locked down..

Scary stuff captain stay safe! Hunt with one too many guys that have fell outta trees and now crippled!
Shower see where this sores at. HOPEFULLY I'LL BE OUT soon ! Headed to beanfield if able!

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Good luck guys, knock down a few this week. Snort, doesn't sound like much fun and I hope you recover quickly. My wife and I are heading to Rome/Florence (25th wedding anniversary celebration) so will be out of the woods until late November. This will be the first gun opener I'll miss in a few decades and it will be real weird not being in the woods on the 15th. When I have wifi I'll definitely check in to see how Team 3 is doing. Good luck.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Called an audible and pulled an all day sit on Saturday (11 hours in a hang on!) and only saw 2 does an hour before dark. Stayed out today until noon without any sightings. Cameras were almost completely dead. These are 2 of our best rut stands and the wind was perfect for both spots - so I was puzzled?

Pulled about 1/2 mile from the property today to see them harvesting corn & soybeans. When I drove in Saturday, none of the local fields had been harvested yet. It looks like this weekend they have taken out about 75% within the surrounding few miles. Not in a big ag area, but enough to sound a dinner bell for the local herd!

Twice every year all the deer disappear from the property/cameras for 3-4 days. The days in Oct/Nov when they harvest the few crops around me, and again on Nov 14th - 18th when everyone around me puts out bait piles.

Can't complain as it has only affected 2 weekends in the last 3 yrs, once in Oct of 2020 and again this weekend. Need to find someone nearby to call me when they start harvesting the crops, so I can stay home and build up some goodwill for the other trips!

·
Team Yukon
5,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #186 ·
Gun blinds ready to go… came back with the east winds forecasted today…absolutely the worst wind for us, especially for morning sits..

·
Registered
523 Posts
Of course since I am back home, the cameras exploded with activity yesterday and today... must be all the corn is down in the area. My #1 target buck is also back on the property last two nights, but closer to around 9 pm... Hope he shifts back closer, like a few weeks ago when he was making appearances in the afternoon to evening.

Not sure it is a good idea checking camera photos when I am on a call with my boss :sneaky:, but it's that time of year when I can't help it.

Will be back up Friday night for the weekend weather front.... these last 5 days before firearms opener have been our most productive on the property!
Ecoregion Rectangle Slope Font Plot

Best luck to those in the field today - We really need to put some points on the board...

·
Registered
17,201 Posts
Of course since I am back home, the cameras exploded with activity yesterday and today... must be all the corn is down in the area. My #1 target buck is also back on the property last two nights, but closer to around 9 pm... Hope he shifts back closer, like a few weeks ago when he was making appearances in the afternoon to evening.

Not sure it is a good idea checking camera photos when I am on a call with my boss :sneaky:, but it's that time of year when I can't help it.

Will be back up Friday night for the weekend weather front.... these last 5 days before firearms opener have been our most productive on the property!
View attachment 865314

Best luck to those in the field today - We really need to put some points on the board...
Yes we do !! Haven't paid attention to the others but know we need some in a big way. I'll start tomorrow evening. Track chair loaded, bow and clothes in truck. I'll leave work at 1:30 or so. Property I hunt is a mile away as the crow flies.
My brother's boss and I share the same bucks on camera often. He says get over there his shooters been gone 5 days or so.... They're on my place :) lot's of does 0 pressure and little bucks last time switched card while back. I'm good enough to hunt boy's !! I'm sure his shooters are chasing those Jv's at my place.

Good luck! I can't wait to be in the woods

·
Registered
17,201 Posts
Was out this afternoon. Experienced sweet November.... Unfortunately didn't lay eyes on a damn deer! Chasing grunting to west in some thick nasty **** between myself and river. Ran er off into the sanctuary to the north. Wasn't there but half hour or so. Got me excited.
Rattled, hit bleat can.. Nadda. Forgot damn grunt call in truck. Went silent for a while. Next chasing to the east a long while later. Never laid eyes on them either ! Dammit man.... Don't think same pair would've heard em come back from the sanctuary at that time. Wind got still at end.

Beanfield sets up better for a north wind and got a picture of a field full of deer. I'll be there Saturday. I will kill with my bow before the gun comes out ! About to check card here in a bit.

·
Team Yukon
5,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #200 ·
Good luck team.......I'm rolling around 3pm today, will be on stand all day the next 2 days.......Supposed to get 3-6" of snow tomorrow which is good, wind direction isn't the best..

181 - 200 of 237 Posts