Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 237 Posts

·
Team Yukon
5,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Alright boys here we go! DOES WITH BOWS win this contest! The bucks will come as well along the way, all I ask is that you stay active throughout the entire season and let us know about the good and bad! That's what makes this contest fun! Please check in as often as possible and please don't leave any kills on the back burner by not posting them!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Just put out most of my cameras on licks/scrapes last weekend. Not much high definition intel yet, but most still seem to be in velvet.

This young guy was from yesterday morning on a scrape I freshened up Monday. Same stand I shot my 8 pt last November.
Plant Plant community Ecoregion Tree Natural landscape

We know some nice survivors made it through last year. And based on the breeding gene pool, I expect to have some more of the same.

·
Registered
17,224 Posts
Anyone taking a youngster out for the Yute Hunt this weekend?
Wish my daughter had the killer instinct. I tried. She's been with me for shot, gut, drag etc she doesn't wanna kill 😪 Got a phone call been waiting on. Best buds boy shot. Think a good shot. 6 year old he's going to be a killing animal learning from his dad! Had a buck coming in regular but his boy wasn't waiting. Big doe! Says looks good. Going to see a smiling little dude!

Homeowner on my favorite piece wants to do food plots. Not sure I'll make it out or not now. That property priority and if he asks I do...

·
Registered
17,224 Posts
Food plots not in till tomorrow. Better late then never. He mowed said tons of clovers from previous years anyways. I'll be in this evening, underwear, no shirt and a ghillie suit but I'll be in the woods with my bow in my hand !!! One sit. Plots in am tomorrow and all day. Perfect timing just before predicted rains coming.

Stay tuned gents. Side of field I'm hunting gets shaded fastest and there is green beans that have been hammered.....

Hope someone on team has a youth that scores!

·
Registered
17,224 Posts
Been in 15 minutes. Mom n 2 babies already out. This rub is 10 yards away from other that wasn't here 2 days ago. Hope he shows himself this evening. 40 yards away tucked deep enough to hide.... fingers crossed!! Hope I see him!
Twig Terrestrial plant Wood Grass Trunk

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
Been in 15 minutes. Mom n 2 babies already out. This rub is 10 yards away from other that wasn't here 2 days ago. Hope he shows himself this evening. 40 yards away tucked deep enough to hide.... fingers crossed!! Hope I see him!
View attachment 852938
Shoot straight AJ. & stay hydrated, it's warm as a mofo out there.

·
Registered
17,224 Posts
Was a great 1st sit gentleman. Covered up in deer. Too bad not the buck was waiting on. Probably even would've put some pressure on the release on 2 of the does. I'm short 🤣 was wondering how a big deer would look. Most doe were close to same size and thier babies. 2 BIG DEER came out from west side nearly directly across from me when light was fading. My ol heart got ticking a minute.. Threw up binoculars just big does.. Closest they made it was 63 yards. Big giant buck no idea I was there and face in the beans. Might've let the Matthew's eat!

Gotta be to homeowners on other piece early to get some work done. Bros gotta get stuff done and he's helping. I'll be back to that other place. The fun has began and it sure felt good to be in the woods :)

1 - 20 of 237 Posts