Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
241 - 260 of 279 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
My evening last night didn’t go so well. I had one stand I hung over the summer that I had yet to sit this year. I have to cut through a small section of swamp to get there, It’s sort of hard to get to without kicking up some deer. I got two steps from the base of my tree and from behind the wall of autumn olive and head high swamp grass I saw a buck and two does take off. So, I start to climb up and get two steps from the top and see a really nice buck take off. Don’t know if they were bedded there or if we just all happened to arrive at that spot at the same time. So far this year, absolutely nothing has worked out in my favor. I’ve been getting myself in the right places at the almost the right times (I think?). Seems like some years everything goes your way and some years nothing does. Oh well. Keep at it!

good luck guys!

·
Premium Member
8,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #243 ·
Good luck Buc! Sure would love to see the history you have with him end up in a pic holding some horns!!:cool:

I got back from up north with just that one buck spotted opening morn, sat all day yesterday and never saw a deer!
Since its warm and raining Im cutting up Saturdays buck.
Good Luck All!
Im ready for Dec already!!!!

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Well I haven't seen a buck since opening day! Seeing doe's but no horns, looks like I'm going to have to put a girl down if things don't improve. I had four doe's come in this morning and bed down 30 yards from me in their bedding area that I set on the edge of. It was a classic, 4 Doe's on the edge of the bedding area wind at their backs and looking over the valley below with over 150 yards to see danger coming or smell it coming from behind them. I had to leave today so they were there until I opened the door to my shack and off they ran. They were there for about 2 hours and didn't lure in a buck. Going back up Monday to get some hunting in before thanksgiving. keep on the boy's there still a lot of hunting and from what I'm hearing not a lot of hunting pressure all around the state. Good luck and be safe!

Reactions: Bucman and Sprytle

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've been bow hunting on and off still, trying to get another archery doe. I have a .350 that I'll be taking out soon to finish filling the freezer if I don't get anything with my bow

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
WOW!!!! Nice bucks!!! Congrats to you and your son. Looks like it was definitely worth the trip!!
Shot a doe this morning, seen 8 deer with only 1 small buck looked like a 4 or 6 pt but finally got a doe alone without a fawn and the 7 mm did its job. Might be to much gun for whitetails unless your shooting 300 yards or so. Not much of a story, she came in about 75 yards to my south from a ravine and she was alone so I decided not to wait any longer. She went about forty yards easy blood trail. Will post both of my deer later, not sure if I’m done yet or not. Good luck everyone and be safe!
Grass Fawn Terrestrial animal Pest Tail
Tartan Flash photography Automotive lighting Smile Motor vehicle

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Happy thanksgiving Team, Enjoy your holiday and God’s blessings to you and your family!

Reactions: Sprytle

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Not hunting this weekend as I need to process my deer. I’m going to can the majority of it and just keep the backs traps and tender loins for steak. Any scrap I’m going to make into venison brats. Gun season is over but I will be back at it for muzzle loading and might be on a neighbor’s property for a doe. Never shot a buck with my muzzle loader so that’s my primary goal. Keep on them boys we have taken some nice deer and have a decent chance of winning. Good luck and stay safe.

241 - 260 of 279 Posts