Bucman
atr2425
brownty1
quick406
short stick
bigbuckmiddaugh

Ok Dudes!
Im Bob from Ottawa Co...
This will be our "Deer Camp" for the next 3 months. I like the participation already so I think we will have a great time. Check in and post often! Bucman & I were on the same team last year and I know he is a die hard huntin machine, I get out my fair share too.... ;) I realize that alot of people can only get out when they find time between life stuff which is just fine, please just try to participate in the team thread when you can, thats what makes this fun!
Alot of my local Ottawa Co. spots have disappeared the last couple of years mostly due to development, but I still got a few. Ill be making quite a few trips north and south on the weekends.
Bow does are the key to placing high in this contest. Dont be afraid to put one down as soon as you can to get one under your belt. No pressure on bucks...shoot what you want when you can. They can be upgraded if you shoot a bigger one later. Just get out there and have fun as thats what this is all about!
Really looking forward to getting started and hanging out with you guys, and for the 1st timers in the contest, if you have any questions on anything just ask, alot of us have been doing this for many years.
Guys...Please post your names and general areas you hunt & trail cam pics are always a great bonus!

OK! Good Luck All!
Bob

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Hey guys. I'm Chad, I hunt in Oceana county. I have a 40 acre parcel that I live on and a cabin property that is a very unique 10 acres with very little huntable land surrounding it because of swamps and topography. It also butts up to a large ag area and adjacent to an 80 of federal property. I tend to do most of my hunting there because of the deer population. I'm currently gearing up for the youth hunt with my son and daughter this weekend. I have an awesome 13 point that just showed up last week at our cabin along with many smaller bucks. My home property I am on year 4 of chasing a buck of a lifetime around here. He usually doesn't show up until late October though. I've seen him three times with no shots so I'm hoping to change that this year. I'm looking forward to sharing and reading many stories this year with you all!

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
Bryan here
I'm in Ottawa on private with my crew. Mostly my son and a new stepson trainee!! I like to hunt a lot. I do more of that than killing. I'm sure I'll do fine this year.
maybe the captain will share some of his late season pics from last year. He's the hard core hunter by far.
Let's do it

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Hello….
Team 4 here. We are taking upon ourselves to welcome you this year…
Please enjoy yourselves, the outdoors and the quality time with your team mates.
As a participation prize we have a banner for your team.
Font Gold Art Musical instrument Symbol

Reactions: Bucman

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hey guys, I’m Andy. I hunt private land in branch and Calhoun counties. I have 7 year old twins, a boy and a girl. She’s in gymnastics and he is playing fall soccer (which I somehow got roped in to coaching lol).

I used to be in a treestand every day of the season during bow. When the kids were younger my hunting time got cut quite a bit, but the last couple of years I’ve started getting out regularly again. I have got to the point in life where I really try to pick and choose when I get out hunting. Since I have been doing that the last few years the hunting seems to be better. I see more bucks, and better bucks on a more consistent basis. Stand burn out might just be a real thing lol! I will certainly give it my all this year as I do every year!

I don’t have any cameras out this year but as far as I know this guy is still running around one of my main spots. (Pic is from last year when I had cams out). There was another really nice buck out at the same piece of property I got my eyes on a couple of times.

I’m pretty damn excited to get the season started!!!
Let’s have fun with this fellas, shoot whatever TRIPS YOUR TRIGGER!!!
Head Deer Natural material Horn Black-and-white

·
Registered
792 Posts
Great looking buck Andy!! Hope is still wandering the property, he will be a absolute stud if he is!!
I took my son out to our Calhoun county farm and seen several doe every sit. Bucks were showing up on cams at other stand setups but we kind of just stuck to the foodplot stand hoping on one of the regular bucks to show up and they just never did. it’s a long season so plenty of time for him and I to get it done.

·
Premium Member
8,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I went early doe hunting once, kinda long story but lets just say I wasnt to fond of it! As Buc says I prefer Dec but might take one early on if the chance presents itself...

1 - 20 of 263 Posts