Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
181 - 200 of 230 Posts

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Sorry guys been busy hunting. I missed a BIG 10 a few days ago, very depressing!!! Been seeing some big ones just can’t get close enough. Moved a stand closer last night and of course they are no shows today.

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Congrats man!!! Nice buck!

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Congrats Chris!!!!!

·
Registered
4,219 Posts

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Sorry guys. Shot an 8 point last night and believe its non lethal. Searched and searched and unable to locate. Quartering away and hit too far forward and low.

Sucks ☹

·
Registered
5,390 Posts
Give us 15 more points!!! Buck came out of one of my lanes where all I could see was his head, I thought wow that is a nice buck for all of the 6 points I have had on camera. Came out on next lane over and realized was a newcomer 8 to the property. Super pumped as it is my biggest buck to date!
View attachment 864958
Outstanding Chris! Congratulations!

Reactions: ThreeDogsDown

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
** happens, get back out there.. amazing * rut this year, even with ** warmth
Forsure! Im headed back up this afternoon. Gonna hunt the same stand i shot the 8 a couple days ago (if wind allows, havent checked it yet). Then huron county for friday then headed back to marlette for deer camp through Tuesday. After that, back north to sanilac amd huron

Love this time of year! Rather be crawling around the thumb hunting vs. Work anyday, lol

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Just got marlette deer camp setup. Just my buddy and i hunting his inlaws 280 acres. Just need to toss a couple tarps up to help with the wind. Here until next Wednesday Night. Also, combines are cutting the 100 acres of corn surrounding the woods as I type this!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Just got marlette deer camp setup. Just my buddy and i hunting his inlaws 280 acres. Just need to toss a couple tarps up to help with the wind. Here until next Wednesday Night. Also, combines are cutting the 100 acres of corn surrounding the woods as I type this!
280 acres for 2 guys? You need anymore best friends?!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
26 baldies walked into the plot from every direction tonight at basically the same time (4:05pm).. im sure a good chunk of them were button heads. Waited for the majority to clear out of range and sent one flying on a tank of a doe that was half the size of some of the first few that came in.. only 2 youngsters spooked and the bucks came in searching around 5.. still playing cat and mouse with a giant that only likes to be on my property in the dark. I have the women, so maybe he'll slip up before gun season.

If not that's 7 points for the doe and 16 for the 9point on the 4th? Not a bad season for MS contest.

Hope you guys are getting good sits in with this cold
Tail Terrestrial animal Soil Event Natural material

Sent from my SM-N975U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Im regretting posting this. I had the perfect setup tonight. Had a beutiful 10 point follow 2 does. Had all the time in the world. Ranged the trail at 32 yards. I was calm. Cool and collective. Mouth stopped him, let the arrow go and it sailed under him. My freaking heart sunk. Clean miss and I was right on him. Not sure wtf happened. I think im hanging the bow up and taking tomorrow off. Frustrated to say the least. Sorry guys

n

Reactions: bigbucks160

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Im regretting posting this. I had the perfect setup tonight. Had a beutiful 10 point follow 2 does. Had all the time in the world. Ranged the trail at 32 yards. I was calm. Cool and collective. Mouth stopped him, let the arrow go and it sailed under him. My freaking heart sunk. Clean miss and I was right on him. Not sure wtf happened. I think im hanging the bow up and taking tomorrow off. Frustrated to say the least. Sorry guys

n
If you read somewhere above, In also missed a 30yd shot at a big 10. It REALLY hurts for a couple days and remember a clean miss sure beats wounding one. Just get back out there!!

Reactions: buckguts1970

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
The shot played in my head the last 24 hours. I know i was right on. Went out, shot the xbow at 30 yards, hitting 6" low. Somehow the scope must of got bumped..! 2nd shot, 7" low. Makes sense, i was on middle of heart and shot under it shaving white hair. Took today off to regroup. Tomorrow, ill have my 450 which is dead nuts. Hope to get another crack at him!

181 - 200 of 230 Posts