·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well Team this is my first go as the captain of this ship. Let's make this fun and keep it active.

I'm Jeff and I hunt private land in Arenac and state land in Oakland county where I live. I usually try to take 3-4 deer per season. I try to take a doe early in the season to get it out of the way and put some meat in the freezer.

Food plots are in at the private land in Arenac and we have some good bucks on the cams. Got my state land setups hung yesterday and I also have a run and gun saddle set up for this season. I'm new to the saddle game, so will see how that goes. Gonna try and put it to use early and see if I can get the thing figured out.

·
Registered
5,390 Posts
My name is Kevin...I do most of my hunting behind my house in St. Clair County on our 15 acres. I have a couple of small plots setup. We have quite a few doe and usually a couple of decent bucks hanging around.
Plant Plant community Natural landscape Natural environment Tree

I also spend a week at bow camp in Gladwin County & will be hunting near the cottage in Grand Traverse County when I can.

Looking forward to the season and trading hunting stories with all of you!

Good Luck!

·
Registered
598 Posts
Thanks for being captain Jeff.

I’m Trevor and I hunt mostly in Saginaw county. I hunt a mix of private and public in the area, but will probably be mostly private this year due to working on the house. I plan on going to my uncles camp in Iron county for a week during firearm opener, and will be going to Indiana for 4-6 days the first part of November with a group of buddies bow hunting.

I usually take a few does, and try to target 3.5+ yo bucks on my private land spots. I ran behind this year getting cameras out, but have all my food plots in and they are looking pretty good. I have a couple plots e-fenced and plan on taking that down in late October to try to keep some food around for late season. Here are a couple that I plan to go after.
World Rectangle Automotive lighting Mesh Font

Purple Mesh Automotive lighting Font Material property

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I'm ready to go as usual here in St Clair County. I don't have the number of bucks on cam like usual throughout the summer but have numerous within 2 miles of my house that I have been watching. When those large bachelor groups break up they will be regulars on the property I own behind the house. Its 20 acres of habitat heaven for deer. I also hunt another private property just into Sanilac County where I have taken lots of nice bucks over the years.

I should be good for a few points if history repeats itself. I let a lot of deer go that will be that much bigger this year than last. Good luck to all!!!

·
Registered
276 Posts
I’m Chris and I’ll be hunting at my 110 acre camp in Presque Isle County only about a 10 minute drive from my house. Also will be doing some bow hunting at my 20 acres in the UP north of Newberry. Plots are finally starting to take off at camp after very little rain here the last 3 weeks. Looking forward to a great season with you guys and thanks Jeff for being Captain!

·
Registered
5,390 Posts
I'm ready to go as usual here in St Clair County. I don't have the number of bucks on cam like usual throughout the summer but have numerous within 2 miles of my house that I have been watching. When those large bachelor groups break up they will be regulars on the property I own behind the house. Its 20 acres of habitat heaven for deer. I also hunt another private property just into Sanilac County where I have taken lots of nice bucks over the years.

I should be good for a few points if history repeats itself. I let a lot of deer go that will be that much bigger this year than last. Good luck to all!!!
What is your name?

·
Premium Member
31,840 Posts

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Randy checking in from the airport. I’ll try and post some pics tonight when I get home. But I hunt my 160 acre farm in Calhoun county. I should be good for 2 does minium.

Reactions: Craves

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Plant Branch Flash photography Twig Organism
Branch Twig Black-and-white Plant Woody plant
Nature Deer Branch Plant Elk

A couple more, I have 2 wide 10's. The one 8pt we are call "uneven 8" as brows are different lengths. There's also an 8pt just calling Big 8 for now.

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Nice bucks Randy. How was the trip to Wyoming?

Thanks Trevor. I have more pics and I believe there's a couple good ones from last year that should show up(hopefully). Almost every year there will be new bucks showing up and staying on my place, I seem to be able to collect more and more bucks as the season gets later.

As far as the Wyoming trip..... IT WAS THE WORST HUNTING TRIP POSSIBLE. I really can not keep rehashing it over and over as it is/was VERY upsetting, but basically they had EHD come through and wiped out almost ever deer. I saw ONE spike all week and left camp a day early(along with the other whitetail hunters). One of the guys I went with has been going on and off since 2001 and shot some good ones the other one this was his 6th year and another his 3rd. We saw 3 bucks TOTAL!!! The worst part as the pieces came together I am positive the outfitter knew and lied to us all along, and offered nothing in return for how bad hunting was. RANT OVER, now on to a great season here in Michigan and I can not wait to get in a tree!!!

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
@dewy2232 - Captain
@protectionisamust
@vinke07
@buckwacker 48097
@bigbucks160
@dafalls
@stndpenguin
@Craves

Seems we are already behind the defending champs as they have entered an antlerless archery kill. Let's have some fun, kill some deer, score some points, and take down those defending champs!
Thanks Jeff for taking control!!!

If everyone is ok with it can you add our real names next to our screen names in the 1st post? As I suck at keeping all the names straight LOL

1 - 20 of 230 Posts