Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
141 - 149 of 149 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,388 Posts
I've been out twice. Passed on a doe the second sit because it was going to be a low of 60 and I didn't want to deal with cutting her up that night because I couldn't let her hang.
My uncle went out yesterday thinking the wind would help... But as others pointed out, the mosquitos were horrible. He had a drawstring hoodie and looked like Kenny from South Park.

Hunting should be good this weekend. I anticipate watching some good deer drop. My wife is out of town, so I can't go out... Murphy's Law will prevail, in sure of it.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
I pulled a card last night from a once reliable stand location. I had zero deer on it from september 21 til last night, lol. My cell cam a couple hundred yards away has picked up 4 or 5 bucks and a handful of does. Not sure what changed about that first spot, but something has altered movement through there enough to have deer missing the cam op.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
He's in the area. That's all you need to know to know he will likely make at least a daytime pass or 2 through there once things get revved up here shortly. Public land I tend to error to the much more aggressive side as if you don't bump him, someone else might. On the opener I talked to a guy who had hunted the 9 I killed in 2019 all fall. He had pics of trail cam pics on his phone, the regular spot he hunted was only about 50 yards from the tree where I killed the deer. I just assume I'm never the only guy hunting a particular deer or spot on public.

Having said that....tough to get 2 aggressive with no pics near shooting hours yet unless you know or have a good idea where his bed or food is....and really the bed or beds is what I want to know first hunting how I do on public. Probably still do more harm then good hunting him until pre rut starts.. If you know or think you know the bedding no sense not making a move now.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
yep I agree he has made it this big. I will stay along the outskirts for a few more weeks. come November and the firearm hunters coming out to scout and prep, I'll grab the climber and go balls deep. first hit up the scrap line than start moving in closer.
he was following a doe, so I will break out a little scent.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

141 - 149 of 149 Posts