Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
121 - 140 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
we all know the deer is dead issue was it ran right to within 20 yards of the parking spot.
we believe the hunters coming out and did not know, accidentally pushed her. had a dog out on her and she lost the scent in the marsh.
spent from 8 to 1 looking for her.
will be my second deer not recovered and first one I know was dead. other one lived for two more years before someone shot him with a rifle to not recover.
just sick to my stomach on this. spend to much time making sure myself and set up are ready for the kill.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
only wish I knew what all went wrong.
already know somehow I gut punched her.
but how, and why did she not lay down once in the 400 yard I easly tracked her?
just alot of unanswered questions.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
Opted for my first sit of the year tonight. Not expecting alot. Sitting probably the least intrusive stand on the property. Intended it to be mostly observational but with the leaves still up there is not much to see. Just hope to see a few deer.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Went out tonight, a little cooler, wind was good for the close stand. Get set up and settled and...the skeeters are swarming. Breeze isn't helping, I'm in the woods a little. F this, went right back in. Might wear a headnet in November, not yet. I tried a Thermacell a few years ago, didn't seem to do a darn thing.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Hey all, been away at my son's jr national bass fishing tournament in Tennessee. We didn't do well. can't believe the lake they chose. 70 boats on 1000 acres......of muddy water and stumps and sticks, lol. It was a cluster. I'd guess boat average was 5 lbs. combined for two days. Anyhow, time to get more serious about deer hunting. Still waiting on that frost. Sorry about the deer you lost, wildcoy!

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
looking forward to Saturday cold front.
keeping myself busy to keep out of the woods.
already have a few more huge does and snarls rack bucks showing up daily during shooting times.
think the rest of early bow will be dedicated to bucks.

·
Administrator
36,152 Posts
I will be hunting the Saturday cold front as well. Looks to be as much of a cold front as we will get this month which isn't much. Hope November cools off.

·
Administrator
36,152 Posts
Deer activity for me on the cell cameras over the last week and a half has been pretty much dead. Hope it picks up.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
I was surprise to see an uptick on mine after spending so much time in the area looking for down doe. so far nothing this morning. which is strange.
bit not knowing if they are grading the road or working on the power lines this morning could be cause. pretty sure with all the rain they are not taking any corn down.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
consumer was out the week of the opener clearing the power line 400 yards from me.
they where there on the opener and I had deer around me the whole time I was in stand. they did look to the road at 8am when the chainsaws started up.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Sorry ive been quiet! Ive been out every day hunting easy access, low impact stands due to the heat, a few close calls on the early season doe ive been after but havent quite been able to close the deal. Passed a 1.5 yo 8 last thursday, Probably going to head north on some secluded public this weekend, might sit a closer area to the truck and try to whack a doe depending on what my trail cams show. I have a good feeling about one spot so if my trail cams comfirm my hunch, ill be focusing on that area hoping for an encounter with a dandy 4.5 yo ive been keeping tabs on.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

121 - 140 of 149 Posts