Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Started playing with a banner design..this is as far as I got. I may try to improve upon it if time allows, or open to designs/suggestions by other teammates.
Font Logo Brand Rectangle Graphics

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
That looks great, well done!
My names Joe, I live on 40 ac in Jackson county, do my hunting here. Keep threatening to hunt some state land not far away, an area I scouted a few yrs ago. Might make it there in Oct. Usually see a good buck on my property, getting a chance is another thing. Have 3 weeks off in Nov to make something happen. Been slow with pics but come doe chasing time you never know. I've been plotting about 5 yrs, will over seed some rye an ww next time they call for rain, a few days looks like. My older son got back into hunting last year so he'll be out a few times with a bow. He doesn't seem keen on gun hunting yet, we'll see.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I'm Jared,
I have 85 acres in Jackson County and part of a great CO-OP, we have a healthy population of quality bucks around. That being said, my standards are quite high and average killing a buck every 2-3 years. Last year was my year, so who knows this year. Just finished up 4 acres of cereal grains yesterday. My hunting approach is more quality sits over quantity of sits, and don't hunt much until late October unless cameras tell me otherwise. I also have a 2 and a 3 year old at home and will be dealing with a business building re-build or re-location due to a fire we suffered a few weeks ago....so suspect my time in the woods will be even less than normal this year, but we'll see.

I just set all my cellular cams yesterday and I don't typically have many buck pics until October, but I did have this guy a few weeks ago..

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
That is a buck right there. Sounds like a great piece of dirt. Hope you can carve out enough time this year. Care to post a pic of last years buck?

·
Administrator
36,204 Posts
Don't have many pictures of bucks yet, but if you guys remember my posts from the past, I usually have great luck getting pictures of them and not much luck after that. Hopefully this year that changes.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I'm john. I'm just a humble selp public land hunter. I hunt hard tho and cover a lot of ground every year. I've had a very good run for a few years now I think by selp public standards at least. Even if my buck run ends I should be able to put up a couple does tho. I hit it hard the first week of the season, then maybe do a couple sits but lots of scouting until november then hit it hard again until the gun opener. Pretty much only bow hunt, although I did do a couple gun sits last year for the first time in a while and even got a kill tally. I'll start moving some cameras around next weekend. Pulled my buck head from last year out of the ground 2 weeks ago. Been shooting and ready to go with both my xbow and my compound. I use both a fair amount...maybe the xbow a little more. I'm pumped and ready to rock. I'll be working a bunch until the opener but I'll be very active once its hunting time.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Will do 99% of my hunting on state game area in west michigan. and one or two sits on private in nelp.
I am over due a buck and a good one at that.
it's about every 6 years for a decent buck.
should put some doe point on the board for us.
Plant Plant community Natural environment Natural landscape Tree

Sent from my SM-N986U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Super Moderator
1,392 Posts
Red Oak. Bear. Unfortunately, everything appears to have gone nocturnal. Going on three days without a daytime picture that I know of.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Red Oak. Bear. Unfortunately, everything appears to have gone nocturnal. Going on three days without a daytime picture that I know of.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Good luck, hope it turns around for you.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Hey guys im Adam,
I hunt public and private all over west michigan, and public in lake/osceola in the nw 13. I also film all my hunts for Midwest Whitetail, I have a 12 acre lease in ottawa county that i have made into doe sanctuary that usually has a few good bucks coming thru in november, so i leave it sit until november or close to it each season. I have some real secluded locations on northern public land with a few darn good bucks on cam each season. Have yet to catch up with a shooter up north but hope to eventually. My standards the past several seasons are respectable 3.5 y/o or better, no matter if im hunting public or private land. Last season will be a tough one to top for me, a 3.5 9 point on west mi public with my bow, and a 5.5 7 point on my lease! Looking forward to a great year hoping to connect with one of the multiple shooters that have been making appearnces on the trail cams!

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Hey guys im Adam,
I hunt public and private all over west michigan, and public in lake/osceola in the nw 13. I also film all my hunts for Midwest Whitetail, I have a 12 acre lease in ottawa county that i have made into doe sanctuary that usually has a few good bucks coming thru in november, so i leave it sit until november or close to it each season. I have some real secluded locations on northern public land with a few darn good bucks on cam each season. Have yet to catch up with a shooter up north but hope to eventually. My standards the past several seasons are respectable 3.5 y/o or better, no matter if im hunting public or private land. Last season will be a tough one to top for me, a 3.5 9 point on west mi public with my bow, and a 5.5 7 point on my lease! Looking forward to a great year hoping to connect with one of the multiple shooters that have been making appearnces on the trail cams!

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
Nice bucks! I could see giving an extra point to any deer killed on state land. What kind of broad head put that gash in the 9pt?

1 - 20 of 189 Posts