Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
361 - 380 of 458 Posts

· Registered
2,837 Posts
Sam, you happen to have a pic on how you attached the shooting stick to the stand?

oh and congrats to the boy. Saw that on LFTS. Love the smile on his face.
Ya I would like to see this also. I use a shooting stick in my climber for gun but it's not ideal. Really unless the deer come in exactly how I expect or are moving very slowly I end up going freehand. Having said that 2 of the last 3 times I lined up a shot the shooting stick worked great. It is always in my way tho and I clank it off the stand from time to time. I wrapped the bottom in electric tape to dampen the sound when I adjust it on the bottom of the stand. Might just end up electric taping the whole thing so I never have to worry about plastic tapping metal sound.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

· Registered
2,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #365 ·
If your freezer is full you could just can and smoke one? Just a thought......

Yeh for sure. Cams have all went quiet but ive got a no local spot with the Xbow im gonna put a blind up on and try to roast one.

· Registered
2,837 Posts
Congrats pgpn. I’ve lost track now. How many deer do we have down?

I have 8 pt with bow and 10 pt with gun.
I haven't kept track if you've entered anything but the bucks are worth the same points with 2 bonus points for archery. So if you enter the gun buck as your buck and the archery buck as your doe you'll get 2 more points as the archery buck will be 7 points instead of 5 for the gun buck as your 2nd deer.

· Registered
2,837 Posts
We really need myself, fishifanatic, tgig and Sam to knock down 2nd deer with whatever weapon then we will be right around 130 points I think. That might do it as of now it doesn't look like anybody is going to score in the 140's. If anybody without a buck manages to get one we can start talking victory party.....perhaps....

· Registered
4,510 Posts
I haven't kept track if you've entered anything but the bucks are worth the same points with 2 bonus points for archery. So if you enter the gun buck as your buck and the archery buck as your doe you'll get 2 more points as the archery buck will be 7 points instead of 5 for the gun buck as your 2nd deer.

Exactly. I’ve only entered my archery buck. That can be converted to an archery doe if I enter my gun buck. Honestly though I’ll shoot a doe with my bow yet and I’ll just enter that. I’m just wondering if we can transpose your picture for mine with my gun buck 🤣

· Registered
2,837 Posts
Exactly. I’ve only entered my archery buck. That can be converted to an archery doe if I enter my gun buck. Honestly though I’ll shoot a doe with my bow yet and I’ll just enter that. I’m just wondering if we can transpose your picture for mine with my gun buck
Lol naww I always roll legit. Don't need our pictures as cheaters of the prestigious ms.com deer contest next to the walleye weight guys.

· Registered
3,805 Posts
We really need myself, fishifanatic, tgig and Sam to knock down 2nd deer with whatever weapon then we will be right around 130 points I think. That might do it as of now it doesn't look like anybody is going to score in the 140's. If anybody without a buck manages to get one we can start talking victory party.....perhaps....

A couple years ago a team waited to post their deer until close to the cutoff. To give false hope, or so others wouldn't hunt as hard, not sure.

· Registered
2,837 Posts
A couple years ago a team waited to post their deer until close to the cutoff. To give false hope, or so others wouldn't hunt as hard, not sure.
Ya I think it was a couple times by a couple teams. But hose teams are pretty much gone. I haven't gone through every post of every team thread but I don't see any team doing that right now. It was pretty lame. I'm sure there are deer that haven't been entered but i don't think it's a crazy number. Heck I think we have a couple that need to be entered.

· Registered
2,837 Posts
Here's where we are at right? I mean I don't see a reason to be cloak and dagger about our points?
Thegospelisgood - C AB17
Steve AB7 AB15 (DONE)
Baybum AD7
fishinfanatic19.....FD 5
pgpn123.... FB 13 FB 5
Nitro225Optima
ReeseHunter ....FB 15 AB 7
Sam22... FB 13

104 pts

Scores I changed from current scoring thread are after a .......

· Registered
3,805 Posts
Here's where we are at right? I mean I don't see a reason to be cloak and dagger about our points?
Thegospelisgood - C AB17
Steve AB7 AB15 (DONE)
Baybum AD7
fishinfanatic19.....FD 5
pgpn123.... FB 13 FB 5
Nitro225Optima
ReeseHunter ....FB 15 AB 7
Sam22... FB 13

104 pts

Scores I changed from current scoring thread are after a .......

I meant that some other team could possibly do it, jus sayin, cause it recently happened. This is a bare knuckle contest for some, lol. I'm good w posting our points. Highest scoring team I've been on. All good whatever happens.

· Registered
4,510 Posts
It’s funny, I’ve seen teams shoot a buck they normally would not shoot just to win this contest. While I’d love to keep this team together please don’t adjust your standards for this contest. If the deer makes you happy by all means shoot it but don’t do it just for this contest.

· Registered
4,510 Posts
This is a great team. I’ve come in second place a couple of times and I’d love to win it once. We have a real shot. I know Nitro feels bad. He’s normally good for a couple deer. We just need to pick up the slack for him this year and next year he will return the favor.

· Registered
2,837 Posts
This is a great team. I’ve come in second place a couple of times and I’d love to win it once. We have a real shot. I know Nitro feels bad. He’s normally good for a couple deer. We just need to pick up the slack for him this year and next year he will return the favor.
Hey now I'm still hoping nitro picks up my slack!

361 - 380 of 458 Posts