Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
321 - 340 of 385 Posts

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
I hear ya pgpn. I very rarely ever shoot 2 bucks in a year. While it would be awesome to still have a tag in my pocket I shot the biggest buck we had on cam at both of my farms. For me there is something fun about shooting does in December. You don’t have to worry about trying to age them or questioning if it’s a shooter or not. It’s a simple as good sized deer, aim, shoot. :)

·
Registered
7,839 Posts
I’m headed up to hunt two days this weekend. Will also probably be out for a weekend during black powder season.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
I’m hoping they are all just hunting so much they don’t have time to post on here. Lol

honestly though we have a legit shot at this thing. A few more deer will put us right near the top. Lots of season left boys!
1 more buck and 4 does and we will be right there. We are in very good position.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #331 ·
After the 15th I usually peter out. We have some deer coming back during daylight on camera and might get my daughter out after one of the scrubbers.

I wish i wouldve recovered that doe on 10/1, but O didnt. Id hate to shoot another just for points. Our freezers are overflowing.

I might take another doe if I can get caught up around here, like it was said, late season does are easy during gun...

·
Premium Member
31,841 Posts
Reactions: ReeseHunter

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Eh I didn't see a hair. The rest of gun is sure to be a grind without any acorns to key on. Best I can figure is they are just browsing on the little bit of green leafy vegetation still up. I will likely get out Sunday afternoon and maybe at some point Friday. I expect Friday will be a pretty busy day in the woods.

Once 1st gun is done if I haven't popped something I am gonna fan out and do some searching.

·
Administrator
40,933 Posts
Eh I didn't see a hair. The rest of gun is sure to be a grind without any acorns to key on. Best I can figure is they are just browsing on the little bit of green leafy vegetation still up. I will likely get out Sunday afternoon and maybe at some point Friday. I expect Friday will be a pretty busy day in the woods.

Once 1st gun is done if I haven't popped something I am gonna fan out and do some searching.

I still have a few cameras out and am watching the deer and for the life of me I can't figure out what they are eating right now.

·
Registered
7,839 Posts
I’m not sweating it fellas. I’ve killed a buck the last two thanksgiving weekends in the same spot. I have deer on camera during daylight. I’ll be shocked if I don’t at least get a doe this weekend.

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
I still have a few cameras out and am watching the deer and for the life of me I can't figure out what they are eating right now.
I'm betting on an out migration pretty shortly here from my usual acorn ridges and swamps. They will probably relocate a couple miles to ag for the winter. Probably be some huge herds this winter all over the state due to the lack of mast crops.

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
I’m not sweating it fellas. I’ve killed a buck the last two thanksgiving weekends in the same spot. I have deer on camera during daylight. I’ll be shocked if I don’t at least get a doe this weekend.

Make it happen! Good luck!

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
After the 15th I usually peter out. We have some deer coming back during daylight on camera and might get my daughter out after one of the scrubbers.

I wish i wouldve recovered that doe on 10/1, but O didnt. Id hate to shoot another just for points. Our freezers are overflowing.

I might take another doe if I can get caught up around here, like it was said, late season does are easy during gun...
If your freezer is full you could just can and smoke one? Just a thought......

321 - 340 of 385 Posts