@thegospelisgood (c) (James)
@Steve (Steve)
@Baybum (John)
@fishinfanatic19
@pgpn123
@Nitro225Optimax (Doug)
@ReeseHunter (Josh)
@Sam22 (Sam)

Whoop whoop...Let's get it going....Don't worry you won't need an interpreter to know we've win and your team lost...
281 - 300 of 458 Posts
Been in Nebraska. Holy smokes is this an amazing place to hunt.

Two days we’ve seen 20+ deer and three bucks. Buddy missed a nice 8pt.

We have three tags each, one buck and two Antlerless tags.

Shot a nice doe for meat to bring home. Still lots of time left. Five more days.

Hunting Plant Deer hunting Sky Trophy hunting

Sky Ecoregion Military camouflage Plant Camouflage

Sky Plant Natural landscape Farmer Wood

Sky Plant Marines Soldier Army

Sky Tire Car Wheel Vehicle

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman
It was COLD Friday night.

Font Screenshot Technology Electric blue Number

Reactions: Baybum
That looks awesome Nitro. Good luck out there.
Wahooooo
View attachment 866150

Well hopefully this will help. Official post on scoring thread tomorrow.
Weve been hitting it and had some close encounters. My dear daughter in some serious work and im proud of her. She spooked a few deer cuz she wouldn't listen and acknowledged the mistake so I think that's a lesson learned. Ill final bow hunt last night was a big skunk but she was happy being at camp with pops for 3 days...

I probably scared most the quarry away coughing my head off...oh well...im not feeling it and still sick but hitting the woods tomorrow for the sake of it. BE SAFE EVERYONE.

Smile Camouflage Outerwear Military camouflage Military uniform
Reactions: Nitro225Optimax
This morning came close. 10:00 I see movement and some goofy horns. He comes out of the cover and towards me. Thought he'd come to a big signpost but turned and walked past broadside at 35 yds. Wasn't comfortable at that distance plus being the opener tomorrow. Tipped the can a few times and grunted, he kept walking.
Deer Flash photography Fawn Grass Terrestrial animal
Good luck tomorrow boys. I’ll have the bow and gun out. Only use the bow on a doe ;)
Good luck to all heading out tomorrow!

Sent from my SM-A716U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
That's fantastic. It's raining here and I'm ready to mail it in. Didn't sleep a bit and just can't get over this cold.

Congratulations that's nice!
Congrats Sam that's awesome!

My fail boat of a season continued. Had a nice buck in the crosshairs at about 8. Pulled the trigger and nothing happened. Safety didn't completely unlock when I clicked it off. I've had this happen at the range with this gun a couple times. Just had to lock it again then unlock in those cases. It was stuck pretty good in this middle position this time tho long enough for me to miss my chance. So disappointed. I would have rather just not saw anything I wanted to shoot instead of the first deer down the pipe being my season saver, follow the script perfect and this to happen. Sat all day. Passed a sparky around 11, had a deer run across the next ridge over no idea what that was about at 330 and that was it. At least I know what the safety looks like now when it does this. The top of the red F when you click the safety off was slightly covered by the slide when usually it's completely uncovered with a little gap. I'll ride the season out like this....I will probably only hunt a couple more times....then get it looked at in January or something. Gun is only 3 years old.

Great buck Sam. Sorry to hear about the gun Bay. What gun is it? I’m soaked to the bone still. My dad shot a buck around 9:45 this morning. We had a decent buck sneak in on us this afternoon. It was snowing so hard we couldn’t see 50 yards. Needless to say he caught us moving. I’m pretty sure the boy would have filled his last tag on him. Oh well, we will be back at it tomorrow.
Reactions: Sam22
Well crap, we are close to the top. Just need a few deer to put us over the top.
Reactions: Sam22
I pretty much always shoot a doe or two with my crossbow in December

Sent from my SM-S908U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
Well crap, we are close to the top. Just need a few deer to put us over the top.
Congrats Sam, he's a beauty. Bay, oh no that sucks.
Sat all day yesterday, saw lots of dnfs and very small bucks. Disappointed I didn't even draw back during bow. My sights are a little lower, hoping something steps into view. Today is another all dayer in a different box blind over a plot and next to a sanctuary. Have high hopes.
Ruger american

Just killed him, took pic while deciding. 7pt pretty sure. Saw him go down, gonna wait a couple hrs.
Wood Rectangle Wood stain Automotive exterior Hardwood
I’ll be back in Michigan woods for thanksgiving weekend. Still have bucks on camera and does on camera.

I usually shoot 1-2 deer a season.

I really would have liked a video of what happened. It would have been pretty comical. Would've started off pro style could hear the deer before I saw it. Looking over that way. See it's a deer at about 70 yards. Get shooting stick and gun in position. See antlers in first relative clear opening(really not sure how big but big enough) at 60 yards. Get gun settled on 50 yard opening, deer hits the opening, didn't even have to stop him as he was walking very slow and sniffing the trail, and I squeeze. Then nothing. Then deer takes a few steps and I squeeze like 5 times in that opening. Then deer is walking away into thick stuff. I'm shoving grunt tube I'm my mouth and blowing on it simultaneously wrestling with this safety hoping for a prayer. Then me following the buck through the thicker stuff with no shot freehand and literally using all my restraint not to scream and launch the gun as far as I could.

281 - 300 of 458 Posts