@thegospelisgood (c) (James)
@Steve (Steve)
@Baybum (John)
@fishinfanatic19
@pgpn123
@Nitro225Optimax (Doug)
@ReeseHunter (Josh)
@Sam22 (Sam)

Whoop whoop...Let's get it going....Don't worry you won't need an interpreter to know we've win and your team lost...
1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Your Spanish is rusty...
Fifteen minutes with a virgin? I give you guys credit, that's the first time I've seen that name in the Deer contest. Haha- good luck fellas.
  • Haha
Reactions: Hoytman5
Added the first names I know to the top post....need others
In the stand for EAS. Skeeters are the size of dinosaurs
Reactions: Baybum
Spy point is the worst.
I think I have only had a couple stolen. I don't remember tbh. I sometimes forget where I put them and don't find them for a year or so. I used to GPS them all but I get lazy.

I spend a brazillion dollars on batteries. It bothers me when some cameras are junk, lately I am really disappointed with Spypoint. I had 5 or 6 and they almost all have died.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
So - I'm James, been hunting Whitetail since around 2011 or so?! Got my Hunter Safety when I was a lad but never had anyone take me out hunting. First gun was a single-shot New England Firearm 20ga from K-Mart. Killed a few birds and squirrels with it - parents let me keep it under my bed - then life led me in some pretty sour directions - my how times have changed yah?

I hunt in Hillsdale/Private Farms/Ag. I will typically camp and hunt most weekends in October and then take rut-cation first week of November, but looking at the calendar this year I might take two weeks - We will see - I get burned out and if I have meat in the freezer won't hunt the opener. A few of the kids are old enough this year to really increase their sits so we will focus on getting them some deer down a little more. I use the X-bow and do a lot of ambush/hunting sign and working around other hunter pressure on the properties. I will take the vertical out on occasion, but I'm lazy, and the x-bow works perfect for sitting in a brush pile and waiting for them to walk by at 5yds....BLAM! I upgraded to a Tenpoint Turbo S1 this year and the kids are using my old Wicked Ridge Invader. I'm hoping to get the lad/daughter on a good nanny-goat but my daughter is a snob and holding out for "Goliath." We'll see how long she waits, I can only put her on so many deer I tell her lol! I am usually good for few does in archery, last year was rough, first time in a long time - previously I was bringing 3-4 deer home each season. Hoping for at least 2 this year.
Yeah it's been very quiet lately.
Bucks are showing up again finally.

View attachment 855027
View attachment 855028

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman
I still need to assemble the Turbo S1. Lazy deer hunter over here...
I’m going to spend this weekend moving a few stands around and shooting the Ten Point to make sure it’s still on. Unfortunately I have a brand new Matthews that I just haven’t had time to get it set up. I’m hoping by the rut I’ll be ready to go with it.
It's archery eve! I am not ready - but that's usually the case. The camper is out at camp and mostly setup at least. I like to take the opener weekend to get the wall tent and wood stove setup as well. I am really BAD at getting up for morning hunts...it's gotten worse as I get older ha!

On the downside my new Turbo S1 isn't sighted in yet and trying to get it going yesterday did not give me the results I wanted...oh well, I have a backup and the compound - really wanted to get the Turbo going. One bolt through the fence, ripped vanes off the other, and the third is all over the map...I might've even bumped the cam off the umbrella on the picnic table, I'm hoping I didn't jack timing...ARGH!

First fat nanny goat I see with no kids in tow get's it....
Reactions: Sam22 and Baybum
Correction: First fat nanny goat with no kids in tow, or friends/sisters that will adopt - gets it.
That's the spirit! Does with bows is the name of this game!

Sent from my SM-A716U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
Way to go you bum!
I'm posting in the wrong thread lol. I think my pics are posting now. View attachment 856951

Hit one at 740. She walked off like I paunched her. No blood on trail and slight odor on the bolt. Backed out and waited. Called in a dog and he tracked around 1140pm. Looks like it was goind or finished by someone else on an adjacent property.

Plant Terrestrial plant Natural material Insect Twig

Plant community Plant Dog Terrestrial plant Grass
Reactions: Baybum and pgpn123
Actually 13pts. 6 for the deer, 1 for each point. 2 for archery equipment.
I scored last night guys. 6 more for the team. Had a very eventful day. Morning started slow but around 9am a real nice 10 came into the food plot from the right. He was actually eating acorns. Offering no shot.

Went back out about 4. Wasn't very long before I had a spike come in and hit the rye hard. He ate for a long time and bedded down in the plot. Later a small 4, a 3, and another spike came into the plot along with several does. The bucks proceeded to spar with two pairs going at it at once.

I think the sound of sparring brought this buck in to show them who was boss. He came in, put his head down to eat rye broadside and I let him have it.

Didn't go far. 6 more for the good guys.
Went back in this morning found some more blood my conclusion is that I hit her in the paunch under the gut bounced off the ground seems like it may have nicked her in the gut either way it was very bright red blood... then nothing.
Hit one at 740. She walked off like I paunched her. No blood on trail and slight odor on the bolt. Backed out and waited. Called in a dog and he tracked around 1140pm. Looks like it was goind or finished by someone else on an adjacent property.

View attachment 857113
View attachment 857112
Back in. Sunday night before work is always a mixed bag... Tracking and gutting or passing and heading home early...lol .

Plant Tree Natural landscape Wood Terrestrial plant
Reactions: pgpn123
So I borrowed the xbow I was setting up for my daughter and looks like the 2013 Invader is beginning to splinter.
Leaf Wood Automotive tire Plant Grass
There are some "Scratches" on the interior of the limbs, which are slightly concerning to me, but to be honest, these could be from me moving the limb dampeners without loosening them, I may have created those. Otherwise there is no other sign of wear or damage.

The recommendation from TenPoint was head replacement, and it is due for cables and strings - we are talking about 365.00 all said and done. I'm thinking, that's a new X4. I don't mind sharing my Turbo with the kids (actually fits them better), it's the sighting/re-sighting in that bothers me.... I might just bite the bullet and get her a new one...
I've got a 2010 or 2011 Invader I've put through stupid abuse with damage way worse then what I think you're showing. The black hair looking thing below the top limb left side?

Definitely get it looked at especially for a kid but don't stress too bad until you actually hear you need to be concerned.

I feel like those older invaders like ours are about the perfect setup for long life. Longer limbs, not ridiculous speeds so the limbs are not stressed. Ten point quality build. I dropped mine 25' cocked 2 years ago and it did not affect it in any way.

I'm curious about what the prognosis will be.

Just got word from the neighbors, they found my deer sprawled out in front of their deer blind in a wide open clearing....We must've walked by it several times...

I even went back the next day to find it and found more blood nowhere near where the tracker and dog were tracking....turns out it was a solid hit and I should've kept walking North like my gut was telling me Sunday morning when I went back...I would've found her off the two track I was on...

Oh well...this one's going to burn a little for a bit.
I looked at it further. Its pretty bad...bad bad.. so, looks like my daughter gets an update.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior
I've got a 2010 or 2011 Invader I've put through stupid abuse with damage way worse then what I think you're showing. The black hair looking thing below the top limb left side?

Definitely get it looked at especially for a kid but don't stress too bad until you actually hear you need to be concerned.

I feel like those older invaders like ours are about the perfect setup for long life. Longer limbs, not ridiculous speeds so the limbs are not stressed. Ten point quality build. I dropped mine 25' cocked 2 years ago and it did not affect it in any way.

I'm curious about what the prognosis will be.

Yep I'm fine with it. It worked out helping mend a broken fence on a difficult border relationship with the neighbors. At this point I at least know I have permission to track if I have another, whereas previously, there was animosity with our group..
True story. Just have to try and learn something from every experience. Nature doesn't let anything go to waste either.

Reactions: pgpn123 and Baybum
1 - 20 of 44 Posts