Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
101 - 120 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
I hunted Saturday morning, saw zero deer. Sunday morning, saw 13 deer all doe n fawns. I had a good doe right beneath me, but actually too close to get a shot off. Others were off in the distance. Then again Sunday evening, only saw 5 deer, also all doe n fawn, nothing closer than 150 yds. One of these days I'm going to pick the right stand. So much of our property is open bean field, it's kind of a crap shoot where they're going to come out.

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
First hunt of the season in Hillsdale Saturday evening, 10+ doe and a few fawn. Two 2.5yo bucks pushing does around the field, they didn't seem interested in the little guys. Hung a cell camera on a fresh scrape I walked past on the way in. within 2 hours had a couple nice bucks on it. 1 of those bucks I know is 3.5 plus. looking forward to the weekend. I'm off Thursday and Friday, Most of my pics are still night pics. hopefully they daylight soon. Good luck Y'all Its gonna be crazy this weekend!!

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
It snowed yesterday and last night, so I went out scouting on two tracks trying to cut a big buck track. Loads of activity in and around the areas I hunt, but all smaller deer. One 2 1/2 year-old maybe. Lots of trucks parked early before sun up today at the spots that I like to hunt. Had to use the mustang today!

No deer sightings walking or sitting. I am eating lunch and headed back out for the rest of the day. Going to scout some new areas with my decoys in tow.

Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car

Sky Cloud Automotive tire Snow Tree

Cloud Gesture Sky Snow Nail

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
Had to use your Mustang??? Your Lambo must not be any good in the snow eh??

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Not sure what a Lambo is, unless that’s a Lamborghini! However, I am retired and I bought a jeep gladiator this summer so we had a plow truck for our 200 yard long driveway, hunting, and for driving in nasty winter conditions In upper Northern Michigan where we retired. My wife used it today, her safety is priority one for me. Her trip was much further than mine and the roads were really nasty this morning. If I had the money I’d get another jeep, but I ain’t getting rid of the mustang lol my favorite car all time. Drive that with the top down in the winter sometimes still lol

I’ve packed several deer in the back of that mustang over the years.
Had to use your Mustang??? Your Lambo must not be any good in the snow eh??

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
There you go, you can see the gut pile about 20 feet to the right of the dirt road, right where the deer cooperated and died! I had to hunt out of the mustang for two years when I was retired and my wife still downstate working before she retired also. Was hardly an inconvenience lol
Cloud Automotive lighting Sky Flash photography Tints and shades

Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Vehicle registration plate Hood Vehicle

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
I figured that was probably the situation, but who knows maybe your other car is a Lamborghini. Better traction in the Mustang. I remember stuffing deer in the trunk of my 72 Chevelle and banging down some two tracks that put her to the test.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
The old Mustang busted out some two tracks yesterday lol

Well I got the decoys out, and I started hearing some chasing and grunting in the Thicket on the left. The buck finally stuck his head out at 50 yards and stared at the two decoys for quite a while, but then he busted out AND was not happy at all lol

it was a pretty nice deer, especially for these parts. Might’ve been the deer that I shot at early this October. The wind seemed perfect to me, I was directly down wind and it hadn’t swirled all day long, so I’m not sure if he winded me or just didn’t like the nonmoving decoys lol. Either way, it was a great sit with some fun action.

Plant Wood Twig Trunk Terrestrial plant

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I had a lone Doe come at 19 yards at three, and then one at five in almost the same spot and could not get an arrow in either one of them. I knew they were coming way ahead of time, I was all set but there was no shot. Well I could’ve shot the one in the neck area or just past the heart zone, but I was trying to be patient AND finally she bugged out. Was hoping for a buck trailing either one, but no dice!

It was one of the best sets, and I thought I had both of these Does stone dead. Been hunting a long time, and if I had the same situation happen again I’d be shocked if I couldn’t kill them.

Plant community Twig Natural landscape Trunk Terrestrial plant

Plant Tree Wood Natural landscape Twig

Plant Natural landscape Twig Terrestrial plant Trunk

Plant Natural landscape Twig Terrestrial plant Groundcover

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 ·
Had the drop on a nice doe this morning and managed to whiff! 30 yards, out of a blind with bow resting on a sandbag. I must have clipped one of the autumn olive bush tops that were sticking up, because I watched the lumenok through the scope the whole way. It was like it shot a foot to the right of where I was aiming. Took at 37 yarder when I got back to the truck, dead nutz. Deflection is all that makes sense.
Had a half rack 6 pt at 20 yds. Lil button buck so close I couldn't see him. Fun morning.

Wood Rectangle Window Flooring Floor

Another good buck is in the neighborhood tho.

Rectangle Font Wood Art Tints and shades

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I hear you, I’ve had 2 deflections this year. I honestly don’t recall but one other deflection all the decades I’ve been hunting. That said, I am hunting super thick stuff this year. Hope you get another chance at her.
Had the drop on a nice doe this morning and managed to whiff! 30 yards, out of a blind with bow resting on a sandbag. I must have clipped one of the autumn olive bush tops that were sticking up, because I watched the lumenok through the scope the whole way. It was like it shot a foot to the right of where I was aiming. Took at 37 yarder when I got back to the truck, dead nutz. Deflection is all that makes sense.
Had a half rack 6 pt at 20 yds. Lil button buck so close I couldn't see him. Fun morning.

View attachment 797025

Another good buck is in the neighborhood tho.

View attachment 797026

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
I was ready to smoke a doe this morning but I kept hearing grunting coming from behind, so I waited too long. Nothing materialized. My face hurts from wind burn I sat probably 70-80 hours in the stand over the last 9 days. Back to work Monday and I won't be hunting again until Friday. Good luck gents.

101 - 120 of 164 Posts