Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Team #14 - The Men...The Myths...The Whitetail Legends!

17K views 296 replies 12 participants last post by  Sam22 
#1 · (Edited)
Team #14
Craves (Team Captain)
Camouflage Hunting Military camouflage Plant Marines

Hat Plant Crocodile Nile crocodile Alligator

Joe Archer #1 Firearm Doe (EAS)
Land vehicle Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle White

10/16/21 5:30 pm
Plant Carnivore Trunk Fawn Grass

Protectionisamust (8 Point)
Smile Cap Baseball cap Gas Beard

vincke07 (Missouri Buck)
Clothing Plant Plant community Elk Tree

Sam22
mich buckmaster
Trophy hunting Hunting Deer hunting Natural material Deer

bradym54
FA Doe

Vertebrate Grass Plant Terrestrial animal Groundcover

FA 7 Point (Continued in post #2)

vandestd (Vanderwalsteven?) 8 Point
Smile Trophy hunting Hunting Deer hunting Natural material

Here we go! See you all Monday. Let me know if there are any needed changes for Team Name and/or Team Captain!
I just wanted to have a nice home to come back to! Looking forward to kicking some butt with you guys!
<----<<<

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hey guys, if you would, please post your name and a general idea of what part(s) of the state you hunt. I will make a post with all of our names in this thread.

I mostly hunt at my home outside of St. Clair, but will be hunting for a week on state land near Gladwin, and hope to hunt in the NW13 near our cottage outside of Traverse City now that I am retired!

Good Luck this year, and most importantly be SAFE!

Kevin

bradym54
7 Point Firearms
Deer hunting Cargo pants Plant Tree Grass

vincke07 (Archery Doe)
Working animal Fawn Livestock Engineering Artist

Sam 22 - Two Firearm Doe
Hunting Snow Working animal Recreation Freezing

Reactions: bradym54
#3 ·
Hello men. I am Brady and live in Lenawee county. Most of my hunting is done on state land in Oscoda and Crawford counties but I also hunt around home in Monroe county. I will be hunting around home until the 4th of November when I go up north till the 17th. Back up after Thanksgiving and also bobcat trapping season.

Compound/Longbow/shotgun/rifle/muzzleloader I use 'em all. Heading to Newfoundland for moose around bow opener and then Wyoming for Mule deer a week later. A very busy fall but should be a good time.

#64 ·
It was a forced medical deal (mentally compromised) .

Reactions: vincke07
#7 ·
What's up guys! My name is Louis. I like long walks in the woods and killing stuff for the smoker, LOL!

I hunt two small farms in the thumb. First farm is 40 acres by Ruth and the 2nd farm is 20 acres outside Port Sanilac. 40 acre farm is mostly ag field with some cedar woods / creak bottom through it. The 2nd 20 acre farm is all CRP fields / bedding. I need to hit this farm when the conditions are right so I stick and move out of this piece. I was up last week finalizing stands, pop ups etc.... so thats all ready to go. I really dont start hunting until the 3rd week of October when it starts to cool off. I process my own deer and like to not be in a rat race to get it done with the heat. Im usually good for a buck and doe every year as I try and shoot 3-4 for the freezer. I have Nov 6-26th off this year so looking forward to grocery shopping again!

#8 ·
Hey guys my names Steve.

When near my home I either hunt either public land in Muskegon/Newaygo county or Private property in Ottawa. I also go to Manistee County to hunt family property, which is where I will be this weekend for the youth hunt. Hopefully will have some pictures to share next week after checking all the cards this weekend.

In late November I will also participate in a management hunt in Ottawa County.

#10 ·
Hey guys. My name is Sam....but I am not 22 years old anymore, I'm 40!

I live in Traverse City and I have two leases here, one is 40 acres and one is 150. The 150 acres is new to me this year up in Antrim. The 40 is West of Traverse and I have had it a few years. I also hunt a big club type property in Pesque Isle county, that is just under 2000 acres, these days I mostly only rifle hunt there. Additionally I have a 600 acre lease in Southern Ohio. All of these I share with at least 1 other person. I hunt hard when I can, and actually hunt a fair amount on public land near home. I am mostly a mobil hunter these days, have saddles but don't really get into them.

Most years I kill at least two or three deer, usually at least one buck. Whitetail hunting is my passion, of all the things I do deer hunting is my #1, aside from family and God. I am not nearly as great a hunter as some guys here, but I do love it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#11 ·
So are we happy with the team name, or do we want to change it?
I'm Joe, and do most of my hunting up on State land in the NeLP. I will be with a friend on a farm in Sanilac County for the EAS season as well! I just got back from a long weekend at the cabin. Did some scouting, and am excited for the opener! I have my morning and afternoon spots picked out!
<----<<<

Reactions: Craves
#12 · (Edited)
Craves (Captain) - Kevin
Joe Archer - Joe
protectionisamust - Louis
vincke07 - Trevor
Sam22 - Sam
mich buckmaster - Dave
bradym54 - Brady
vanestd - Steve

Reactions: vincke07
#13 ·
Glad to see we are all checked in!

Reads like we have a good team with a lot of good habitat to hunt.

I hope to hunt next weekend behind the house for a doe. The forcast is for temps in the 80's, so I will play it by ear...not going out there to be mosquito food!

These does show up just about every morning to do some browsing on the plot. I had a much better plot last year, I think the heat this year fried it...I did put some more seed down last night just before the rain, so I'm hoping it really takes off.
Plant Green Tree Natural landscape Grass

Reactions: Joe Archer
#15 ·
Anyone besides Craves and I hunting the early antlerless?
Out of curiosity; who all killed a doe last year? I think doe kill drives this contest.
<----<<<

#16 ·
I only killed a doe last year. Shot her behind the house with my Hoyt.

Doe killing definitely makes a big difference in this contest...and a few nice bucks!:cool:

#17 ·
No EAS for me - plan on trying to get some boating in still before the weather turns and I swich gears to hunting. I killed 1 doe and 2 bucks last year. (one archery & 1 firearm). Attached are the two I entered last year

Attachments

#18 ·
That is a beauty of an 8 point Louis!

#19 ·
Im not picky Kevin, lol

in 2019 - shot 2 does and 2 bucks - all archery.

Attachments

#20 ·
1 buck (Archery) and 2 does (one archery & one muzzy)

Attachments

#21 ·
I could hunt the EAS, but I never get too excited for it, especially because of the heat and bugs.

I killed 4 does last year. 2 with a rifle, 2 with my crossbow. We are a venison eating family, so I have to kill some deer every year.

I did some scouting today, the acorns are dropping and the deer are on them, also found my first fresh rub of the year. It's hard to believe that it is time again already!

I will be doing a fair amount of preparation and scouting this week, I will keep y'all posted. So far I don't have a big one to chase, just a hand full of 2 year olds.

#22 ·
2017 was a good year too with my biggest to date. Got 2 bucks and 1 doe that year.
Man, looking at these old pics is getting me pumped again!

Attachments

#23 ·
I was on a nice 3 year roll of killing bucks 2.5 or 3.5 years old, then the DNR lumbered off my hot spot and I went buckless last year.
2017 behind the house. 3.5 year old 9 point on opening day.
Deer hunting Plant kangaroo Tree Fawn

2018 on state land. 2.5 year old 8 point.
Camouflage Military camouflage Marines Military person Military uniform

2019 on state land (same tree). 2.5 year old 6 point. He was busted up. One of my favorite hunts...The hunt lasted less than 10 minutes. I hadn't seen much all week and cut a set of tracks on the way to my stand. I had a feeling he was bedded down along the river in the cedars. I got in my tree and made a couple of blind can calls. A few minutes later I look to my right and he is standing about 10 yards away. He circled behind me heading to the mock scrape and scent wicks I had...he didn't make it there!
Snow Deer Natural material Fawn Terrestrial animal

#24 ·
I'm usually good for a deer or two as well.
I killed 2 doe last year, one gun EAS, and one Archery in early October.
2020 (EAS Port Sanilac)
Plant Terrestrial animal Grass Groundcover Tail

2020 NeLP Bow
Plant Food Fawn Wood Tail

2019 - NeLP State Land 2.5 year old Buck and Mid-Michigan Doe
Snow Plant Branch Twig Wood

Vertebrate Mammal Fawn Terrestrial animal Tail

<----<<<

#26 ·
Great deer guys!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.