Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

141 - 160 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
try going back out this morning in the daylight. like grunt said, look for circling birds for clues.

maybe started the tracking too soon and he was being pushed? I would hunt again this morning, and then follow the trail for more clues when you get down

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Funny thing is...He never tried to bed down. And we never saw him or kicked him up. The blood trail toward the end had dried blood meaning it was hrs old. Just really weird all the way around.

·
Registered
720 Posts
that is very odd. could it be possible that you missed the lungs totally and hit that pocket when he exhaled? thus doing a complete pass through without hitting vitals?

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I thought the Same thing bulldog...

Maybe he exhaled and I hit the no vital hit zone just above the lungs. Slipped it just under the spine. Arrow went in 20" and hit opp. Shoulder...but unfortunately just below spine. 9nly explanation i can figure out without seeing the buck. Just sucks.

I grunted quick to stop him to shoot...I think he dropped and I must not have compensated enough for the drop. I always know they drop when I shoot but maybe he dropped more.

·
Registered
910 Posts
That's a tough one Maple. Sorry to hear it. Just got home from camp. My 14 yr old son shot a 6pt last night. We took up the trail this morning and found him about an hour later. So happy for him. Scrapes everywhere in the woods and some good chasing this weekend. Things are definitely heating up!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Congrats to him!!!

Yes, its HOT right now, we wait all year for this! Hunt when you can make it! It's go time!!

·
Registered
720 Posts
good luck fellas.. i'll be hitting the home stretch of moving out of our house this weekend, and moving in with the in-laws until the sellers leave the new house.. wish me luck lol

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Good luck!!!

Yeah so I helped my neighbor drag out his 10 pt. Buck, was really cool because it was his first buck ever. Bad news- I guess I pulled my shoulder out a little...really sore. Never had this happen before. Went to the chiropracter and got cracked, hoping to be back in fighting shape by Thursday!! I took off Thursday to Tuesday to hunt! I can't have a wounded arm!!! Ahhhhhh.....was really bad this afternoon but better tonight!

·
Registered
541 Posts
The chiropractor has been great, got me to stop hobbling around like a old man, got 3 more morning visits then I'm gonna try and get a long sit in Friday after the morning.

·
Registered
720 Posts
i always through they were a joke until i hurt myself at work and the quack of a work doctor told me it was arthritis from playing football, in a joint i had never hurt before.. Friend talked me into coming to her chiro where she worked. They checked me out and determined i had actually rolled my pectoral muscle in the area of my shoulder.

i tell you what.. i'm not a small fella (5'10 270) but i had this little girl (5'2 and maybe 120) about drop me to my knees. all i remember was me standing with her in front of me working that muscle, and the next thing i know she is holding me up against the vertical table telling me to wake up lol.

after a few visits she got that muscle flipped back around.. they are miracle workers i tell ya.

get better soon you two!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
We can do this!!! I'm hoping for a buck this weekend....if not a baldie might be going down!! Congrats niner!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Welp....4 hunts in 2 days guys.

And the deer are 4 and me 0.

This morning I seen 3 baldies...they were moving slow. And tonight I seen 8 baldies, but they winded me! I stink! Lol

Oh, its been a little rough this season but hoping to change that quick!

·
Premium Member
1,513 Posts
I feel your pain maple ridge. Everytime I’m out nothing works in my favor this year. I’m going to give it hell the next 14 days though. We are sitting pretty darn good for team points this early in the season!!!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Dudes.....Its nasty out today! Sitting out this storm and having a family day today...but tomorrow and Tuesday it's on!

141 - 160 of 247 Posts