Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i tried to sight in my new tc triumph this past week with no luck. I was not a happy camper. I Tried shockwaves, and 2 different kinds of hornady bullets with differnt thickness' of sabots around the bullet. I couldnt shoot a group for the life of me. Anyone else got any suggestions?

·
Registered
877 Posts
I would suggest buy a variety of sabot's and start with a 100 grains of pyrodex or your choice of powder. Clean between every shot. This will give you consistancy to determobe what shoots best in your rifle.

Most rifles shoot Hornady SST's and Barnes Expanders well. There could be other issues to such as scope/mounts problem.

Good luck.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I have heard that the Shockwaves that come with the gun are the most accurate but I have not shot mine to confirm. Please let me know what you find out!!!!

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
mgarrett, my buddy and I just bought new encore and omega put leupold ultimate slam scopes on each, we tried sighting them in just before opening day with my omega shooting decent groups and his encore wouldn't shoot a group either. One question is are you cleaning between shots? If your are, did you notice if you are cutting patches? Both of our guns were so my next door neighbor is a ML guru and said to run a wire brush with some fine steel wool up and down about 5 or 6 times to help smooth out any ruff spots in the rifling. Well just shot them today with both shooting cloverleafs at 50yd and 2" groups at 100yds.:D Hope this helps. BTW both guns are using 100 grains Blackhorn 209 with shockwave 250 grains superglides.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
my triumph shoot under 1.5 inchs at 100yards with 100grs 777 pellets and 250grn Hornady SST (same bullet as the Shockwave) with the standard sabot (not the superglide sabot). I'm sure the gun is much more accurate than that and I am not a great shot with a ML. But it will kill a deer anywhere I hunt at.

Next year I am gonna play around with Blackhorn209 and work up a good load that even I can cloverleaf at 100yards.

Check out modermuzzleloader.com and you will have more ML reading than you could ever want, LOL

J-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts