Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give name of a taxidermist and possible what it would cost to get a Hide tanned?

Would like to get the last one done.

Thanks in advance
Arrowhawk

Ps
Port Huron not Pot Huron

·
Registered
313 Posts
There is Timberwolf Taxidermy just outside of Almont. I have seen a few mounts done by them for family members and like their work but this is the first year I am using them personally. As for costs to tan a hide I'm not sure. Contact number is 810-798-7502. Ask for Marian.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Acorn Ridge Taxidermy. He is a little west of Lapeer on 69.
(810)-513-FISH
Larry is also a MS sponsor.

Ben

·
Registered
440 Posts
Acorn did a mount for my brother a few years ago. I would go back again.

Figure about $150 to get a hide tanned.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
T&J Taxidermy in Lapeer north of M-21 on Wilder Rd. 793 Wilder Rd. is his address. Phone number is 810-664-4814 Tom is his name.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Go to Acorn Ridge, Larry is good and I send all my friends to him;) He is a member and check out his web site! :coolgleam

·
Registered
213 Posts
After The Hunt Taxidermy, LLC
5720 Yager
Smiths Creek, MI 48074
810-367-3486

I have a deer with them right now, I believe they charge $110.00 for tanning a deer.

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
this is Larry from Acorn Ridge Taxidermy, i charge $100 to tan a deer hide.i'm between Flint and Davison 4 miles north of I-69.
Larry thats a good price.....Do they come back soft or are they stiff?....Mack

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Dourlains Taxidermy is on Dixie in Genesse county just south of Birchrun inside the county line.

Roland (810) 564-3142

He does a very nice job!

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Thanks......Mack

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dourlains Taxidermy is on Dixie in Genesse county just south of Birchrun inside the county line.

Roland (810) 564-3142

He does a very nice job!
I have called him on several things and even on this and he is way way over everyone else.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well after talking to my father-in-law I took it over to Pat at "After the Hunt". He is a buddy of my FIL and has done his mounts. WHile over at Pats I checked out his work on his hides along with everything else and I can say this guy is good at what he does and he also had a TON of work over there. I was also able to see a 21 point that was just brought in along with a few other Monsters.

Thanks guys for all the input on which I know from the referral from you guys are also great Taxidermist.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts