Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Administrator
26,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With all this talk of pension taxes I did mine today. Got my turbo tax and spent a little more than an hour. If I plugged in the numbers manually it would have been shorter. But took their step by step method.
Now I should get homestead tax credit by the time my winter taxes are due. In one pocket and out the other.

All done. Easy peasy. (all the while watching tv and sitting in the sunshine in the solarium )
This is the earliest I have ever done them by far (2 months)

·
Premium Member
11,169 Posts
With all this talk of pension taxes I did mine today. Got my turbo tax and spent a little more than an hour. If I plugged in the numbers manually it would have been shorter. But took their step by step method.
Now I should get homestead tax credit by the time my winter taxes are due. In one pocket and out the other.

All done. Easy peasy. (all the while watching tv and sitting in the sunshine in the solarium )
This is the earliest I have ever done them by far (2 months)
I got mine done last week too.

I don't miss paying someone else to do what is super easy at my convenience.

Sent from my E6810 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
You guys have free time on your hands now.... :) Good

Stop by my house and do mine...this is my least favorite chore.

·
Registered
6,135 Posts
Ours were dead simple this year and I am getting a small refund so I filed yesterdag. Need to adjust my withholdings so I don't get a refund next spring.

·
Premium Member
12,100 Posts
My wife being a paralegal when we met, working for an esteemed Grosse Point firm. One of her tasks was filling taxes for some of the clients. I left the taxes to her for this reason. Second year I was sitting in the living room throwing numbers around in my head looking at the tax booklet that had arrived in the mail.

Late that night she woke me all atwitter! Someone had circled the very amount of our tax due in the schedule! I informed her it was I that had done that. Her response was; If you can do the taxes in your head, you can do them from now on!

I have been taxed with that chore ever since!

·
Registered
10,183 Posts
Have an appointment on the 7th of this month to get ours done.We always get them done and sent in in the first or second week Feb. every year.

·
Registered
5,930 Posts
We still dont the forms and booklets at the library or post office yet. Ive stopped by both places twice.
and my printer is down, so I can just print it off

·
Premium Member
3,829 Posts
I haven't even started yet. The place my wife worked most of last year hasn't sent her W2 yet, but we do have the W2 from her new job she started last October.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
My wife and I have learned the past few years that not filing electronically has its drawbacks. The IRS agents have ready access to very limited information when you file by paper. We have had some social security number issues and it took months to fix.

·
Super Moderator
35,125 Posts
My wife and I have learned the past few years that not filing electronically has its drawbacks. The IRS agents have ready access to very limited information when you file by paper. We have had some social security number issues and it took months to fix.
If someone tries to file in your name, you get to paper file for 3 years. Ask me how I know!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts