Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks - The Bay Dog and I hit the mouth this morning for a couple of hours. Threw an arsenel of body baits and spoons for exersize in the wind and rain. Couple of Guys showed up a little later drifting spawn - nada. The Bay is still pretty much frozen. Did see some Goldeneyes and Buffleheads in thier full winter plumage :D . Bob.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Come on tell the gang about the big catches we had. Well there was a ton of night crawlers that we was snagging while cranking. Never saw or caught crawlers like that before, no wonder the steelies or browns was not eating with that much feed washing down the river. Baydog

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bay Dog - Didn't want to spoil Your fun on reporting the "crawler run" ;) . Definatly the bait of choise for the day, would be worms! Have never seen so many crawlers washing down a steram before. Bet there were alot of Browns and Steelhead laying just under the ice at the mouth letting out a big BURP:D . Bob.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Did you guys see anyone on the ice ? My dad and a few buddies of his were hitting the ice a week ago. Report is that a few guys that have been hitting it pretty regular were getting some walleyes, browns, and white fish through the ice.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Hey Backlash hows it going. We did not get up there that far by Jerry's, that is where I heard they was on the ice. Did notice on the Tawas cam there was a few guys on the ice yesterday right by the harbor. I would not go on the ice up there most of the shore ice is busted up. Talk to you later Baydog

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hey C-man, is that why you cleaned out Franks of the Dearies.......to snag worms ?...........or wartfish?
Do you remember the water temp?
ND

·
Registered
136 Posts
As of sat. 3/20 that wind really changed things up there. The ice blew away from the river mouth and the fun could start pretty soon.Stil all ice by the DNR under repair launch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts