Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a fishing/ ice conditions report for Tawas Bay. Have a long weekend coming up and would like a report. P.M.'s are welcome.

Thanks in advance,:)

·
Banned
10,812 Posts
How much ice is there in Tawas Bay? Anybody driving trucks out there yet?

·
Registered
806 Posts
Im heading to my moms cabin in oscoda for the weekend.. Where would be a place to keep the fiance busy.. Heard van etten is good or the big lake if there's good ice. Any info appreciated

·
Premium Member
3,322 Posts
Rob, I would hope you figured out how to keep your fiance' busy by now.......

:D:lol::D

·
Registered
806 Posts
Hey man there isn't much room in my flip over so if she's not catching fish there's not space to do much else haha

·
Banned
267 Posts
van ettan will keep her busy u can drill wholes just about anywhere and catch perch all day as fast as you can catch them usaully BUT they average 3-5 inches usaully plenty of pike in there as well

·
Banned
10,812 Posts
For what it's worth, the DNR Fishing Report, which usually comes from fish census takers, said that they were doing very well on perch and walleyes.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Hey man there isn't much room in my flip over so if she's not catching fish there's not space to do much else haha
Rob, If the fish action isn't up to snuff just give her the credit cards and point her towards town. Never fails to keep a female busy. :lol:

·
Registered
694 Posts
Rob, If the fish action isn't up to snuff just give her the credit cards and point her towards town. Never fails to keep a female busy. :lol:
Funny you should say that. We just bought a house in Au Gres. When we were looking, one of the first questions from my wife was "how long does it take to get to Bay City, Standish and Tawas to go shopping.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Funny you should say that. We just bought a house in Au Gres. When we were looking, one of the first questions from my wife was "how long does it take to get to Bay City, Standish and Tawas to go shopping.
It does seem to be their top priority. 45 minutes to Bay City is not too bad. Give me a shout when you're up this way. Men go to stores to buy something. With women the hunt is the biggest part of it.:)

·
Registered
806 Posts
Haha, thanks P1.. I knew I could do that.. if only I wasn't a poor mid to upper 20 year old that owns 3 cars a boat and a house.. I don't own any credit cards because I can't afford them lol.

Got a solid pm from a member which I greatly appreciate.. will report back if I make it up there tonight or next weekend

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Haha, thanks P1.. I knew I could do that.. if only I wasn't a poor mid to upper 20 year old that owns 3 cars a boat and a house.. I don't own any credit cards because I can't afford them lol.

Got a solid pm from a member which I greatly appreciate.. will report back if I make it up there tonight or next weekend
No credit cards? Good for you. Two or three Benjamins will do the trick also.:lol:

·
Registered
806 Posts
Anything recent from up near tawas bay, DNR report says 15 fow do you just got to jerrys marina and straight out toward the state docks to 15 or towards the middle of the bay.. I have the navionics app just going solo for the weekend PMS or any info would be awesome

·
Banned
10,812 Posts
Again for what it's worth, the DNR fishing report I got today said the walleye fishing at Tawas was excellent with limit catches taken. The report for Au Gres was that mostly undersized walleyes were caught. I'm planning a trip up there soon.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts