881 - 900 of 943 Posts

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #884 ·

·
Registered
262 Posts
Yes had a bunch of loose eggs and also sticklebacks in its stomach. (To be clear, Eggs weren’t in its stomach).
For what it’s worth, I’ve seen loose steelhead in August in the past…not common to be sure. And what loose August steelhead I’ve seen were river fish that for some reason mixed in with early kings. Kinda like a loose king in April, which happens on occasion. I can honestly say, I haven’t seen a loose steelhead in open water in August ever..neat fish.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Food Vertebrate Light Seafood Cuisine
Food Vertebrate Light Seafood Cuisine
Food Staple food Fish Fishing Ray-finned fish
Sorry for the late report but fished Saturday from 7 til 11am mainly the first 70 out of Tawas. The fishing was slow as the fish really seemed scattered did manage 2 steelhead both came on a dipsy set at 2 1/2 out 120 on a mixed veggie regular size spoon the walleye came on a 10 color with a black screwball. Great day with very cloudy skies

·
Registered
16,242 Posts
140fow. ENE of grindstone city. 6-7-8-10 color 250,300 cu.. 1.9gps.. 2.6 at probe. Temp break was 50 down. Moonshine RV spoons View attachment 848078

Sent from my SM-N981U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
Nice! We marked a thermo out there at 50 last week. Never did post a follow up. Had one board ripping silver hit on an Fire tail hot perch #7 flicker minnow back 100'. Rigger was dead with SD/fly and various spoons up to 3mph. Ended with the two lakers and 8 for 15 on eyes. Had two rookies aboard who tried their hand at netting. One of which gave me covid. 10 color greasy chicken took 80% of the eyes, 1 laker and accounted for 80% of those lost. 1 walleye on an standard orange carbon slider. The rest on a 6 color with a 2 ounce snap weight added and greasy chicken. 2nd laker was on a mag s-clip dipsy with a blue/white/black colored moonshine, 2 setting out 150.
Are you still finding green water?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Headed west northwest out of port Austin Saturday. Break was 85 down. Took a steelie right away on a 7 color in 95 ft and then a king in 105ft. Kept heading NW to 160ft. Most fish were in 100-130. Ended up with 2 steelies, 2 walleye and 2 kings and a coho. 7 color was best with a steelie stomper taking 3 fish. The diver went once and the rigger down 85 took 2 silver fish on an orange moonshine. One on the slider on that rigger also. Lost 2 steelies on my 5 color also
Food White Seafood Cuisine Grey

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey everyone,

Slow weekend for us out of Oscoda, barely beat back the skunk each day with a walleye + last minute silver. Water temps were warm so had to go searching deep. Green jeans, uv pox, and mag wonderbread took fish. I did catch a juvenile king on Sunday which is pretty exciting to see.

Food Fish Seafood Fin Rectangle

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

·
Registered
16,242 Posts
Headed west northwest out of port Austin Saturday. Break was 85 down. Took a steelie right away on a 7 color in 95 ft and then a king in 105ft. Kept heading NW to 160ft. Most fish were in 100-130. Ended up with 2 steelies, 2 walleye and 2 kings and a coho. 7 color was best with a steelie stomper taking 3 fish. The diver went once and the rigger down 85 took 2 silver fish on an orange moonshine. One on the slider on that rigger also. Lost 2 steelies on my 5 color also View attachment 848174
That's a nice pile of silver meat coming from outer Saginaw Bay!

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
Tawas 8/17...

Heading out this am at 07:30 to work SSE of the point. Going to set up in 60 and run out deeper. We'll see what this steady NNE wind has done and report later today. If we don't find them today we'll be back at it again tomorrow. Weather looks fantastic.

Freyja on 68. White and blue Starcraft.

881 - 900 of 943 Posts